Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pulling hard to the left!

Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling hard to the left!

I have 3.5 rubicon express springs, superlift adjustable front track bar rear track bar bracket. Didn't have any problems pulling till I installed the tires, 35x12.5-15 cooper stt. Run the lift for a few weeks on stock tires no pull till the tires where installed. Jeep only has 8k on it
Old 01-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor

That style tread pattern has been known to pull slightly on road at highway speeds. \
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's your air pressure and are the tires broken in? Swap front left to right/ right to left and see if anything changes.

They are MT tires and you can't expect them to drive like street tires.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 01-24-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you have there is a case of the tire following the small ruts in the road.

You can tell that by allowing the Jeep to move left slowly on the road and it will stop pulling as you get closer to the center line.

It has to do with the grip of the tires and the road condition so they say.

I have it as well and it drove me nuts to fix it.

On some roads, I get absolutely no pull and it is straight as an arrow....

It is a common issue and I have heard that replacing the sway bar links to longer seems to help but I haven't done that.

Now, I don't notice it much at all as I am used to it.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DadsCJ
What you have there is a case of the tire following the small ruts in the road. You can tell that by allowing the Jeep to move left slowly on the road and it will stop pulling as you get closer to the center line. It has to do with the grip of the tires and the road condition so they say. I have it as well and it drove me nuts to fix it. On some roads, I get absolutely no pull and it is straight as an arrow.... It is a common issue and I have heard that replacing the sway bar links to longer seems to help but I haven't done that. Now, I don't notice it much at all as I am used to it.
I have the same and always wondered what it was. Thanks, your explanation makes perfectly sense.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

I'm gonna try swapping the front tires and see what that does. It's not a slight pull it's let go of the wheel and change lanes pull u have to drive with the wheel cocked to the right
Old 01-25-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alignment time, did you gusset or bend the "c"?
Old 01-26-2014, 12:28 AM
JK Freak

My 35's pulled to the left no matter what pressure combo I tried. Had them rotated with every oil change and still had a pull to the left.

My 37's now, same brand as my 35's, Nitto Trail Grapplers, no pull at all. I guess some just have the tendency to pull.

I've hear Toyo 35's have a pull to the right, gust it's tread pattern.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

I had my front right brake caliper lock up on me when I had my TJ. It pulled to the right just like you are describing, but with the distinct aroma of hot brake pads. Have you checked your brakes or smelled hot pads after driving for a while?
Old 01-26-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed a superlift frant adjustable track helped 50% I'd say. Then installed a fox 2.0 stabilizer back to before again but helped a lot with steering wheel feedback on the 35s

Quick Reply: Pulling hard to the left!