Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pulled over for no license plate light ? PSC rear bumper tire carrier relocation PIC

Old 04-06-2016, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SF_E60
And that is why when I relocated my license plate I made sure the kit I bought had a light
Love to see it. Now just don't rob any banks because you won't get away...unless you find an off-road trail full of boulders that only a Jeep could handle.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-06-2016, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKFive-O
Love to see it. Now just don't rob any banks because you won't get away...unless you find an off-road trail full of boulders that only a Jeep could handle. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
This is the kit I bought from a member on here.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37611

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-06-2016, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tend to make sure the vehicle I'm driving is in compliance with the law as best as I know when I'm up to no good. Removing a license plate light is the opposite of what I would do.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

FWIW, I used the ORO LitePlate with my Teraflex carrier's plate bracket. Spliced into the HMSL circuit using the the stock harness's plug, then ran a wire to the passenger tail light circuit. Works great.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default And you should respect that !

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Looking at the back of his JK, I can say he likely didn't get pulled over for not having a license plate light. He got pulled over for the tinted tail lights and all the other things on his Jeep that made him fit into the profile of a young punk that is likely up to no good and the cop used the excuse of the plate bulb to pull him over. He got pulled over for fitting a profile.

Fix the bulb, he gets pulled over for tinted tail lights, fix the lights, the cop finds some other excuse. Cops can find any reason to pull you over if they decide you fit into a certain profile and want to pull you over.
if its illegal expect to be pulled over, regardless of if a citation is given or not. If the shoe fits wear it. Maybe if your tail lights out u got pulled over because your tail lights out not because of your tires. Either way youl fix it. Or enjoy your fines
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3691957736.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	643117  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-07-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
I did not pass inspection in Texas because of no license plate light. So I purchased these from Amazon and they work great. Amazon.com: Rupse 2* White LED Motorcycle, Car License Plate Screw Blot Light: Automotive R/ Will
X2! I use these with my teraflex carrier and it works great. Bright and sleek.

Quick Reply: pulled over for no license plate light ? PSC rear bumper tire carrier relocation PIC