Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PSC Steering kit

Old 08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, for what its worth. I went with the Rubicon Express Draglink and front track bar (replacing the FullTraction track bar that came with the lift )

After that, all the clicking and popping that was going on with the front end has stopped. At the very least, I am pleased with that improvement.

I'm probably going to go with the TeraFlex long arm upgrade kit soon and that will do away with what's left of my full traction setup. I think it has great flex and a good ride, but having to lube it every 1000 miles drives me nuts.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 08-27-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: removed blacklist mention
Old 08-28-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man that blows, sorry to hear you didn't have a more favorable outcome! I know you've been working on this for a while now...have you talked with PSC directly? Maybe they can suggest something to make the steering more managable on the street. There has to be something wrong though, because there should be no reason you can't drive a hydraulic assisted system without having to feel you're about to crash on the street. Hopefully PSC will take the steering stuff back. Check your pm.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

We did end up getting the PSC to work, but I'm lost on the details at this point. There was so much back and forth on the issue that I just gave up and let the dealership take care of it. I drove it while I was home in December, it seems to be working well. Down side is you will lose most of your steering feedback on the highway. Upside is you should never lose your power steering. I'm not sure I would do this mod again and I can't recommend this to other 6speeders unless they've resolved the kit/fab issues. Way too much of a headache.

You can turn the wheel lock to lock very easily with 37s, no binding feel in the steering at all.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hydro assist

What about the highway driving you mentioned? Still sketchy over 60mph?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

They did end up figuring out how to smooth out the high-speed issues. That came down to a series of custom brackets/fabrication to keep my track bar on a better line as the suspension moves. There were so many changes to the kit, I'm not sure what I ended up with. I know they had 3 different kits at one point and made one work out of the parts. Also went through every aftermarket trackbar relocation bracket available and ended up fabbing one based closely on the design of another.

While the high speed pull is gone, all road feel is now gone as well. There is no translation of steering input from the tires to the driver at all. I really have to stay on top of it now vs just being able to chill out and drive.

I think this mod is really more for the Jeep-folk that live in the four corners area and rock crawl all the time. I'm going to hate driving it across Nebraska.

Quick Reply: PSC Steering kit