Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PSC Steering box Vs. Stock w/ PSC standards

Old 12-24-2015, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSC Steering box Vs. Stock w/ PSC standards

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying the PSC hydrolic steering for my 09 Jeep Rubi. My question to you guys is the PSC steering box provided or sending in the stock box to be reported. I've heard the PSC provided has a larger cavity for more fluid movement. I've also heard the stock box is a china made box with pour quality parts. A good year ago talking to a rep at PSC he told me there was no fundamental difference between the two once the stock is changed over to PSC standards.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-24-2015, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get the PSC box
Old 12-24-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

I suggest you tap your own box. Hundreds of us have done it with no issue. Second, I'd send your box to WTO and they will do a solid job. A PSC box will not perform better than a WTO job.

There is no reason at all to spend the money for a PSC box or kit. Buying the kit is the lazy mans way to blow an extra $1k. You can have a better kit for half the price.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I forgot you got that 2nd box from James. I would send in the better one to get tapped that would save a bunch of dough. Didn't your original box have twisted splines?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I suggest you tap your own box. Hundreds of us have done it with no issue. Second, I'd send your box to WTO and they will do a solid job. A PSC box will not perform better than a WTO job.

There is no reason at all to spend the money for a PSC box or kit. Buying the kit is the lazy mans way to blow an extra $1k. You can have a better kit for half the price.
What is WTO?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
I forgot you got that 2nd box from James. I would send in the better one to get tapped that would save a bunch of dough. Didn't your original box have twisted splines?
Pulled off the pitman arm and the splines are good. Saw some identification on the box...forgot to get the info to look up how reliable the box is.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK JK
What is WTO?
West Texas Offroad. They sell a lower cost setup, but also provide a porting service for $130 (something like that).
Old 12-26-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
West Texas Offroad. They sell a lower cost setup, but also provide a porting service for $130 (something like that).
X2 on WTO

Great service, very happy w the rebuild, drill and tap they did on my box.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phrasing everyone phrasing, lmao!!!!

Quick Reply: PSC Steering box Vs. Stock w/ PSC standards