Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PSC Hydro and Reid Knuckles

Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSC Hydro and Reid Knuckles

I just brought my Jeep home from the shop after having the front end beefed up so that I'm ready for 37's when my 35's wear out. Here is the build, Reid Racing knuckles, PSC Hydro assist w/cooler, Currie tie rod, RCV axles, EVO Magnum 44 inner sleeves and Dynatrac ball joints. I already had c-gussets on there and before anyone can give me crap, yes I know, PR44 PR44 PR44 but I really didn't feel like going that far. If I damage my stock housing then yes, a PR44 will be installed. As I mentioned I had all this professionally installed by Todd at Z-Fab off road in Rapid City. He ran into some interesting issues with this install that I thought I would pass on in case anyone else is considering adding some of these parts. The first issue was my fault as I ordered the Reid knuckles and didn't read close enough to see that they would need tapered inserts to run the drag llink and tie rod, whoops, lesson learned. The second issue that was encountered was that the Reid knuckles raise the tie rod about 1.5", however the bracket that came with the PSC kit was made for a factory tie rod height (prior to this install I was already running the TF Drag flip and Frame brace) with the tie rod moved up a different bracket had to be ordered. The new bracket worked perfectly except it moved my track bar up and the knuckles raised my drag link up higher. This is great as both of these were parallel prior to this so now they would just be higher, except now my dropped track bar bracket was pretty much useless and the trackbar had to be moved back up to its original position where....the additional frame brace now resided. Well Todd created a bracket and kept the frame brace in there as well as allowing the track bar to return to its origianl location. My Jeep now drives like a dream, bump steer is non existant and the PSC steering (although very strange at first) is super silky and smooth, almost too smooth
37's here I come!
Sorry for the filth but it was a little icky on the way home from the shop.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. You spent some serious coin.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you post pics of the brackets and such that had to be modified (drag link, frame brace, track bar, etc...)?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
can you post pics of the brackets and such that had to be modified (drag link, frame brace, track bar, etc...)?
Yeah, I'll go try and shoot some.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

The whole bottom portion of the TF frame side trackbar bracket was cut off but on the bright side the whole original bracket is essentially gussetted now.
Here is the axle side trackbar bracket with the PSC mount

Here is another view of it

Here is the frame side trackbar mount with the frame brace on the left

Last edited by 07JKDakotaEd; 03-10-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Any more pics or information on this install? I'm moving in this direction so an update would be cool

Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 69mach1
Any more pics or information on this install? I'm moving in this direction so an update would be cool

Thanks
Let me know what you would like pics of and I'll post them up. Same for info.

Trending Topics

Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Thx for the write up, but I can't see the photos ?

F
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Dakota when you wrote this thread did you ever think that you were actually going to goto 37's? I know you just ordered 40's!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RockAddiction
I'd like to know where you purchased the tapered inserts from. I know Poly has one out there, but is that the one you needed for the tie rod?
Im not sure, my mechanic ordered it, but I think that anyone who sells a drag flip kit probably have the inserts.

Quick Reply: PSC Hydro and Reid Knuckles