Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PSC Hydro assist with the Rock Krawler Tie Rod?

Old 04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSC Hydro assist with the Rock Krawler Tie Rod?

I am thinking about getting the PSC hydro steering assist kit......but I think that the way it bolts to the tie rod is for the stock size and I now have the Rock Krawler tie rod.........

Is there any additional parts that are pre-fabbed for this I can pick up?

Or will I just be left to fabbing my own?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know a lot of people have had to fab their own but Off Road Evolution has done the same thing on a Rock Crawler Tie Rod on TrailBuds rig...
Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Red face

I ordered a PSC ram assist today along with a mounting clamp for the 1.5" Curry tie rod I'm running

Last edited by mkjeep; 04-12-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: blacklisted manf.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

If replacing the tie rod with (rock crawler or whatever brand) is having the PSC really needed or lets say "recommended?" I have been debating replacing my tie rod, but have heard if I do, I should replace the steering box as well. Is this true?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just tell the the diameter of your tie rod and they will send the proper bracket, or better yet...

Get the tabs and weld them on for a more secure set up. I had the RK tie rod and PSC assist before the Rock Jocks....

Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the headsup and the ideas.....I don't like to get almost done with a project and realize that I need a part and that most likely the store(if local!!!) is closed!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Foley909:
"If replacing the tie rod with (rock crawler or whatever brand) is having the PSC really needed or lets say "recommended?" I have been debating replacing my tie rod, but have heard if I do, I should replace the steering box as well. Is this true?"

I upgraded to the RK tie rod because my last one got bent on a wee rock.....along with the fact that I needed to replace a worn out tie rod end as well, seemed like the correct time to go ahead and upgrade!

I am considering the PSC because I have "wobble" in the sector shaft of the steering box.....so instead of replacing with another stock box that will most like sh*t itself again....I would rather spend a little more....which will give me increased steering control as well as longevity.....
As for the PSC being needed or recommended........I would say not needed, but definetely recommended.....not necessarily along with a tie rod change, but just in general......especially with 35+ tires.......
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by steelefx4
Foley909:
"If replacing the tie rod with (rock crawler or whatever brand) is having the PSC really needed or lets say "recommended?" I have been debating replacing my tie rod, but have heard if I do, I should replace the steering box as well. Is this true?"
I upgraded to the RK tie rod because my last one got bent on a wee rock.....along with the fact that I needed to replace a worn out tie rod end as well, seemed like the correct time to go ahead and upgrade!
I am considering the PSC because I have "wobble" in the sector shaft of the steering box.....so instead of replacing with another stock box that will most like sh*t itself again....I would rather spend a little more....which will give me increased steering control as well as longevity.....
As for the PSC being needed or recommended........I would say not needed, but definetely recommended.....not necessarily along with a tie rod change, but just in general......especially with 35+ tires.......
Jake wish you would have been with us this past weekend at SM Hills, Mike (RUBI-JK) broke his steering box (he's running same tire & wheel combo you are) and it was a real bitch getting him off the trail even though he was only 50' into the trail. We definitely are budgeting in the psc or redneck ram hydraulic system into our budget for this summer's upgrades.

Quick Reply: PSC Hydro assist with the Rock Krawler Tie Rod?