Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PSC Brawler Lite - Opinions Wanted

Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSC Brawler Lite - Opinions Wanted

I just ordered the PSC Brawler Lite Bumper and Aluminum Flares. I know many of you will powder coat them black or maybe just rattle can them. I really don’t want to paint them black.

I have thought about going with Anthracite (Dark Grey). My JK is Rescue Green. Anyone have any ideas as to what color would look good on rescue green Jk? Outside of black. Posion Spider has a JK on thier site where they look Silver. Not sure how that would look with rescue green?

I may have them powder coated black but looking for other ideas.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

First, Great choice on bumper! Love mine..

As for color, thats the best thing about jeeps is A) you can make them personalized to your taste, so rock what color you want/think/dream about B) you can just repaint it later again if you dont like it!

Good luck with your choice and post up PICs!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

I second the bumper, it has performed awesome so far and the quality is outstanding.

As for painting/powdercoating, you may want to take into consideration the possibility of scrapes and the need for touchups. I opted to bedline my bumper because I knew I would beat on it and constantly scrape it up on rocks, using hi-lift etc. This way I can simply sand, prime and touch up with bedliner and it looks brand new. If you paint/bedline your stuff yourself, touchups will be that much easier...

On another note, I think that the Anthracite would be a sweet contrast to the Rescue Green!

Rick
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gossamer
I second the bumper, it has performed awesome so far and the quality is outstanding.

As for painting/powdercoating, you may want to take into consideration the possibility of scrapes and the need for touchups. I opted to bedline my bumper because I knew I would beat on it and constantly scrape it up on rocks, using hi-lift etc. This way I can simply sand, prime and touch up with bedliner and it looks brand new. If you paint/bedline your stuff yourself, touchups will be that much easier...

On another note, I think that the Anthracite would be a sweet contrast to the Rescue Green!

Rick
When I was getting all my stuff Speedlinered. They guy was trying to convince me to do a dark grey. He had just sprayed a rescue green rig and it turned out sick! I prefer black. But I've seen the dark grey on a rig and it looks awesome!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Chuck,

I like the look of the equipment you have selected. Anthracite is a great choice over black as black makes Rescue Green too dark IMO. If you have less of a conservative bent, I have seen some Rescue Green Jeeps set off nicely with international orange. If you are a company man, you may consider a nod to Caterpillar Yellow for some highlights if you go anthracite. As, Bnizzle said though, you can make it your own w/o apology. Building is half the fun!

Dave
Old 12-06-2011, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are your Pintlers Argent? Now you know you gotta go Anthracite/Argent with yellow highlights ....or not, but that would look sweet IMO
Old 12-06-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

My 2 Door on the Poison Spyder site is GunMetal Grey Armor.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mediamaxim

What wheels are those?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WCDAVE
Are your Pintlers Argent? Now you know you gotta go Anthracite/Argent with yellow highlights ....or not, but that would look sweet IMO
I wish I would have thought that far ahead. I wanted the Argent Pintlers but bought the silver. I actually was regretting that yesterday when I ordered the bumper and flares. I hate to say it but I see myself replacing the wheels in the future.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mediamaxim
I really like that color. Is that a powder coat? Sweet rig by the way!!!

Quick Reply: PSC Brawler Lite - Opinions Wanted