Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PS rocker knockers

Old 05-15-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS rocker knockers

Hey guys just got my poison spyder rocker knockers from paint. I've been trying to decide for a while to install them myself or have 4wp put them on. I'm pretty mechanical just wondering if it's a pain to put them on and it's worth 250$ to have them out on. Any tips and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-15-2016, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blamb0830
Hey guys just got my poison spyder rocker knockers from paint. I've been trying to decide for a while to install them myself or have 4wp put them on. I'm pretty mechanical just wondering if it's a pain to put them on and it's worth 250$ to have them out on. Any tips and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!!!
To start, are they the frame mount or body mount version? I haven't installed either but looking hard at them.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Save your money and do it yourself. They are not bad. Just take your time. Have some clamps on hand.. I have the Crawler Conceptz but they install the exact same. I used the half assed bolt tool they send with a wrench and a Makita impact driver. Whe you install consider anti sieze on the hardware. There is potential to swear but you should be fine.

I had senior moment. If they are the frame mounted my approach will not work for you. If they are the ones with nutserts my approach will jive with your mission.

Last edited by Da20captain; 05-15-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

I got them on myself on my 2 door, I had someone to help me hold them in place while I marked up the holes. With a two door they use 3 stock bolt holes so it was very simple. Don't know if you have the two or four but that's my input, the hardest part of the install was having them held up to mark the holes and that's simple with two people. They have a video on YouTube that puts every detail into step, I watched it a few times and it definitely helped
Old 05-15-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$250???? WOW.... Please don't pay that.

If they are bolt on. They were one of my first mods I did when I had my '14 and knew nothing about jeeps. I was not mechanical and it was very very easy install.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are bolt on frame mounted going on a 2 door. I've read the instructions probably a hundred times. But it says you have to drill and tap the frame. I believe the rear go between the body mount and frame
Old 05-15-2016, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mds22
$250???? WOW.... Please don't pay that. If they are bolt on. They were one of my first mods I did when I had my '14 and knew nothing about jeeps. I was not mechanical and it was very very easy install.
Did you have to trip the sheet metal "pinch point"? That's what makes me a little nervous as well.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the frame mount version on my 4 door by myself. Just have to tap a couple holes, not too bad. Definitely would not pay $250 for install.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A buddy done it himself couple of months ago. Should be easy with right tools.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I did mine, get a buddy to help w your install.

....we all just helped you earn $250- keep us posted w whatever next mod you use this money for

Quick Reply: PS rocker knockers