Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

proud new owner

Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proud new owner

it official as of yesterday i am the proud new owner of a 09 unlimited rubi. now for the questions.... which lift? wanna run 35s with no rubbing and was looking at a bds lift kit. anybody running one? how is the ride on and offroad? i was also considering the 2.5 teraflex spring lift but it doesent come with any control arms and by the time i add the control arms i think i could buy a more complete kit. so come on guys been lookin of here for a while now so ADVISE ME EXPERTS!!!! lookin for good ride, good flex, and no problems. also now wanting to upgrade driveshafts either (for now). also want no rubbing if possible. thanks ahead of time.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nvrtoomanytoys
it official as of yesterday i am the proud new owner of a 09 unlimited rubi. now for the questions.... which lift? wanna run 35s with no rubbing and was looking at a bds lift kit. anybody running one? how is the ride on and offroad? i was also considering the 2.5 teraflex spring lift but it doesent come with any control arms and by the time i add the control arms i think i could buy a more complete kit. so come on guys been lookin of here for a while now so ADVISE ME EXPERTS!!!! lookin for good ride, good flex, and no problems. also now wanting to upgrade driveshafts either (for now). also want no rubbing if possible. thanks ahead of time.
WELCOME! let the mods begin and let the wallet get thinner... lol

Easiest way to fit 35s would be the 2.5 with chopped fenders

BUT for the best ride quality for a budget - As for shocks: Fox Shox , as for springs: EVO plush coils . best all around ride for a fairly low bugdet...
Old 04-18-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MotiCross
WELCOME! let the mods begin and let the wallet get thinner... lol

Easiest way to fit 35s would be the 2.5 with chopped fenders

BUT for the best ride quality for a budget - As for shocks: Fox Shox , as for springs: EVO plush coils . best all around ride for a fairly low bugdet...
was thinkin 2.5 and 1" body but have heard bad things about ride with 2.5 and not replacing control arms. i am wanting to go as high on suspension without ds issues and rubbing. also got to keep the wife happy and not drain the checking account either. haha!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nvrtoomanytoys
was thinkin 2.5 and 1" body but have heard bad things about ride with 2.5 and not replacing control arms. i am wanting to go as high on suspension without ds issues and rubbing. also got to keep the wife happy and not drain the checking account either. haha!!
If you do the 2.5 only you should be ok but would recommand to do CA as well ofcourse but if you're looking for budget; do the BB 2.5 and 35s and you're good.
Now if you want to go further, i would pull the trigger on the CA and some plush coils and good shocks... the coils are what will make the biggest differance in the ride..
Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MotiCross
If you do the 2.5 only you should be ok but would recommand to do CA as well ofcourse but if you're looking for budget; do the BB 2.5 and 35s and you're good.
Now if you want to go further, i would pull the trigger on the CA and some plush coils and good shocks... the coils are what will make the biggest differance in the ride..
thought bout buying a "complete" kit but i may just build my own kit (evo coils, maybe tf arms and bumps, etc). if i go this route i would like some advice on which components would match up better together or just advice on which components to possibly stay away from.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

I have the Teraflex 2.5" lift with 35's and the ride is great!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Man I had a Rc on my last truck and hated it. That thing would beat your teeth out. Just had a bad experience and don't want to make the same mistake twice.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

If you go the kit route i would actually suggest the rancho 4" kit... they have great discounts right now i think you get the whole thing out the door with adjustable shocks and SS for like just under $650 shipped..

I would go the do it yourself route and get CA , SS , quick discos fox or bilstiens and evo coils.... thats just me...
Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

just in case... here is the link for the ranch... i wouldn't go RC... its just as it sounds; rough..

Rancho Suspension: Off Road Shock Absorbers & Off Road Suspension Systems
Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

I would stay away from the body lift. I wasn't too happy with mine. I ran a 3.5" suspension with 1.25" body. I ended up taking the body lift out and was much happier.

Quick Reply: proud new owner