Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pros and cons of using Axeltech Bolt-It. When operating JK.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I'm sure the pricing you see is for just the portal boxes, not the entire axle assembies.
Yes, Yes! This price is for portal boxes. They have designed their housing and gear picked up from a tractor.
Why such a high price I can not understand.
Probably handmade.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dynatrac

A quote from the letter -"Axletech is a good product but unfortunately only made for hard core off road and not for street use. The wilwood brakes are for racecars and not for offroad or daily use because they even do not have a dust seal."
Opinion without errors?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trac
Dynatrac

A quote from the letter -"Axletech is a good product but unfortunately only made for hard core off road and not for street use. The wilwood brakes are for racecars and not for offroad or daily use because they even do not have a dust seal."
Opinion without errors?
I can't comment accurately on the brakes because I don't know which brake they are using. Wilwood has many different styles of brakes that are used in many tough off road applications. In real life most brakes won't stop a rig with deep gearing anyway because the rig will 'push' right through them. Frequently going to neutral is required to stop.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dynatrac

Do I understand correctly, the portal system (includes Wilwood brakes) the brake is used for off road and they are not afraid of dirt and dust?

Last edited by Trac; 06-01-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Dynatrac

Do I understand correctly, the portal system (includes Wilwood brakes) the brake is used for off road and they are not afraid of dirt and dust?
Correct. The current system available- not the JK specific system that they are still devolping- is supplied with Wilwood brakes and is designed for off road use (only).
Old 06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine will push through the stock brakes with 5:13 gears and the Rubicrawler, it needs to be put in nuetral to stop. Its looking like even with the JK specific Portals there are a lot of things to consider. Would I have to use the PR44 with standard pinion/caster of 6 deg or would mine with 10 still work? With 5" of lift shorter springs could definatly be used.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
Mine will push through the stock brakes with 5:13 gears and the Rubicrawler, it needs to be put in nuetral to stop. Its looking like even with the JK specific Portals there are a lot of things to consider. Would I have to use the PR44 with standard pinion/caster of 6 deg or would mine with 10 still work? With 5" of lift shorter springs could definatly be used.
I'd think you'd still need a couple of inches of lift and the Unlimited will be fine. The stock 4* of caster is pretty minimal anyway so even if you ran 5-6* it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Do you understand Russian?

I was wondering if someone on the forum spoke in Russian?
It would be easier to clarify some issues in Skype.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Correct. The current system available- not the JK specific system that they are still devolping- is supplied with Wilwood brakes and is designed for off road use (only).
Please explain.
What does it mean to work in close proximity to the road?
In the U.S., Jeep axel at the portal will not have the right to travel on the highway?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Please explain.
What does it mean to work in close proximity to the road?
In the U.S., Jeep axel at the portal will not have the right to travel on the highway?
AIM does not recommend their current system (the one we sell now) for on-road use. We do not know if this will be true of the new design that will be JK specific.