Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pros and cons of using Axeltech Bolt-It. When operating JK.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Dynatrac

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
AxleTech International (AIM) is working on a JK portal system. It is designed to attach to your factory end forgings (the 'C'). They showed composite samples of it at EJS.

We've offered the larger version for some time now and have sold a few pairs of complete assemblies. These are a very cool idea but they are not for everyone. They are not designed for a street driven rig and we're not sure exactly how the new JK version will end up. We know that they won't be adding the extra width the larger version requires. The current larger version doesn't support ESP or ABS.
Why not sell now, of complete assemblies?
At what price to sell?
You can use ProRock 44-Unlimited for the portal system?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The ProRock 44 center is being used with the AIM Portal systems. You'll see them on Jeep's Immortal and Superlift's JKU. The version shown in Moab will also work with our JK PR 44. In fact, I can't imagine using a factory end forging (C) with a portal system. The added torque would kill a C that is already weak in everyday use.

Our portal system that we're selling for the JK now- Hybrid ProRock 44/60 front. ProRock 60 rear is about $21K.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

The ProRock 44 center is being used with the AIM Portal systems. You'll see them on Jeep's Immortal and Superlift's JKU. The version shown in Moab will also work with our JK PR 44. In fact, I can't imagine using a factory end forging (C) with a portal system. The added torque would kill a C that is already weak in everyday use.

Our portal system that we're selling for the JK now- Hybrid ProRock 44/60 front. ProRock 60 rear is about $21K.

I agree with you factory-axis weak for serious off-road. JK on my front axle has a bend.
The wheels I have COOPER LT 285/70/17.
Off the road from me - dirt. Several times we have repaired. Leveled wheel - works ESP.

I have a poor knowledge of English , on this please tell me in detail what I get for $ 21,000.
What does it mean Hybrid ProRock 44/60 front? Why ProRock 60 rear? Perhaps ProRock 44 rear?

I plan to put your JK on 37 inch wheels.

What Gear Ring in Axles?
What will be locking the wheels or ARB? RUBIKON?

Thank you in advance ...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My JK Unlimited SPORT 2.8 CRD.

I hope that the forum can post videos of my car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szI-S30SsxU
Old 06-01-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really want to do a portal set up. I just put in a new pro rock 44 unlimted front in three weeks ago. I am hoping this fall to do a pro rock 60 rear and then portals. I love the ground clearance that you get plus you dont have to put a huge lift on and change steering geomeotry. This is an awesome set up and i cant wait until my wallet will allow the purchase of this set up.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Nice vid, Trac.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Trac
I agree with you factory-axis weak for serious off-road. JK on my front axle has a bend.
The wheels I have COOPER LT 285/70/17.
Off the road from me - dirt. Several times we have repaired. Leveled wheel - works ESP.

I have a poor knowledge of English , on this please tell me in detail what I get for $ 21,000.
What does it mean Hybrid ProRock 44/60 front? Why ProRock 60 rear? Perhaps ProRock 44 rear?

I plan to put your JK on 37 inch wheels.

What Gear Ring in Axles?
What will be locking the wheels or ARB? RUBIKON?

Thank you in advance ...
A hybrid 44/60 is a 44 center with all 60 outers- end forgings (the 'C'), balljoints, 35 inner spline axles shafts and the D60 based portal system (includes Wilwood brakes). Usually ARBs are used.

We do not make a PR44 rear. The PR44 is a high pinion (reverse cut) system designed for front axle assemblies. Using a high pinion axle in the rear is too weak for a JK application.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn't the Portals eliminate the need for a high pinion rear axle? You're getting more than enough lift (5") from the portals.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
Wouldn't the Portals eliminate the need for a high pinion rear axle? You're getting more than enough lift (5") from the portals.
Just adding the portals won't get you any additional flex or make your existing suspension more durable. In fact, significant suspension mods are required with portals to support the added leverage of the new assemby. Most portal customers we've had are using tires of 40"+. Even with the portals a good lift will be required.

The 44 rear housing strength is questionable and the HP feature is frequently used just for driveline angles on super flexy rigs. The 44 housing may work well on the JK specific version now in the works at AIM but it isn't durable enough (and won't fit) for the version we currently sell.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just adding the portals won't get you any additional flex or make your existing suspension more durable. In fact, significant suspension mods are required with portals to support the added leverage of the new assemby. Most portal customers we've had are using tires of 40"+. Even with the portals a good lift will be required.

The 44 rear housing strength is questionable and the HP feature is frequently used just for driveline angles on super flexy rigs. The 44 housing may work well on the JK specific version now in the works at AIM but it isn't durable enough (and won't fit) for the version we currently sell.
Thanks, my questions are more related to the JK specific version which there isn't much info on. I didn't have enough time at EJS to get all my questions answered.