Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pros and cons of using Axeltech Bolt-It. When operating JK.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw them at EJS also, I would wonder why the smaller version couldn't be used on the street as a DD. The Unimog have had them for years and with they probably put 300,000 miles on them. Pricey but when you don't need a lift and some parts to correct steering geometry and a regear its more doable.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thank you for your warm welcome.

I'm very glad I found a forum where I can communicate with your fans JK and get answers to their questions. Many thanks to all who responded!

I will try to answer in a single message for all. Then ask, that I could not been translated from English.

If I'm wrong section (theme) Let forum moderator will move as necessary.
The cost issue. Everything is relative in this world ...
Cost base, Wrangler Rubicon 2D 3,8 in Russia, $ 58,570 and $ 22,045 in the U.S..

Cost portals bridges in the U.S. Axeltech Bolt-On Dana 60PortalConversion kit costs $ 8,495.00.
The cost of this set of unknown manufacturer in Germany is $ 18,640.
The guys in your house magic price - you just never know.

I do not understand only one thing that they think marketers Chrysler? For what are they paid? In anticipation of Japanese or Chinese launch a similar product? Running on a conveyor JEEP Immortal - can one shot kill competitors Land Rover Defender and Toyota Land Cruiser 76.

Marketers continue to sleep, and I must make myself a dream car.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
At $6500 a set (4 wheels, just the portal kit) and there is no Dana 44 model (yet), that means either a junkyard conversion, new aftermarket Dana 60's (or other supported axle) and hack it, or a custom build. Easy $10,000 to maybe $15,000+. Compare that to the ~$13,000 for a set of Overkill's Atomic Axles ready-made for the JK.

You do get stout axles, reduced gearing, 4" lift (including pumpkin), empty wallet (assuming you like it that way).

Either option is not in my league unless I win a very big lottery.
Tell me where you saw the price of 6500 $ a wants to buy.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
AxleTech International (AIM) is working on a JK portal system. It is designed to attach to your factory end forgings (the 'C'). They showed composite samples of it at EJS.

We've offered the larger version for some time now and have sold a few pairs of complete assemblies. These are a very cool idea but they are not for everyone. They are not designed for a street driven rig and we're not sure exactly how the new JK version will end up. We know that they won't be adding the extra width the larger version requires. The current larger version doesn't support ESP or ABS.
ESP or ABS is a luxury in Russia. I'm not much mistaken if I say that 90% of cars made by Russian producers do not know what ESP or ABS.
Portal Bridge is in great demand in Russia. We have a few good roads. In Siberia, a local road azimuth motion.
And if you put on the portal bridge tires of low pressure. Can ride through the swamps.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I talked to AEM at EJS they said around $8000.00 for the set of four. Dynatrac
and Offroad Evolution were both listed as dealers, they are both on this forum. I like the idea. I have an old Belarus tractor with gear reduction on the axle ends, lots of extra clearance with smaller tires.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

I brought the portal axles up a long time ago. Very good idea just expensive.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
When I talked to AEM at EJS they said around $8000.00 for the set of four. Dynatrac
and Offroad Evolution were both listed as dealers, they are both on this forum. I like the idea. I have an old Belarus tractor with gear reduction on the axle ends, lots of extra clearance with smaller tires.
Thanks for the info, I was looking through these sites before, but never saw that Dinatrak and Offroad Evolution dealers Axeltech Bolt-It.

Using a gear tractor Belarus.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kol.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	166210  
Old 05-30-2011, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question.

You can use ProRock 44-Unlimited for the portal system?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

That Belarus is wild. Any more pics like that?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxCop07
That Belarus is wild. Any more pics like that?
The car is called Kerzhak 4x4.
Web zgt.ru/index.php?id=166.
Site can be seen at any distance vehicles travel in Siberia.

Kerzhak 4x4 videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=FnSrZHziLDI

Journal Article

off-road-drive.ru/archive/15/Podveski_dlya_vezdehoda

truck-auto.info/gaz/519-gazel-kerzhak.html

Front axle and wheel tractor manual
traktora.org/?id=287

Last edited by Sharkey; 05-31-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: No links to non-sponsors please.