Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Proposed Rough Country 2.5" lift and 1.5" Wheel spacers

Old 06-24-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rokklymer
I guess I could do that. IT wouldn't hurt to ride like that and I just won't mud it til then.

There shouldn't be any issues doing that right?
Only issue is there will be more sway than stock. How you have that front sway bar now, it is fairly useless. You can mud it without a rear sway bar hooked up, just will be a little 'looser' body roll than you had before the lift.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Only issue is there will be more sway than stock. How you have that front sway bar now, it is fairly useless. You can mud it without a rear sway bar hooked up, just will be a little 'looser' body roll than you had before the lift.
I did manage to get the sway bar back into the proper position and with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension the sway bar does hook up. It rides no different than stock but there's that little red flag in the back of my mind right now with those stock links. I am waiting for Rough Country to return my email before I make a move on both longer sway bar links and a heavier steering stabilizer.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the pic of the spacer.... I'm still debating between that lift and a teraflex leveling kit. I've got 33s now and need to give them a bit of breathing room.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highergr0und
Thanks for the pic of the spacer.... I'm still debating between that lift and a teraflex leveling kit. I've got 33s now and need to give them a bit of breathing room.
Even the two in lift will give you plenty of room for the 33's. I didn't like the look of the stock JK and the width of the stance, hence the spacers. I did put locktite ont he spacers when I installed them. I am going to pull the wheels off at 250 km and retorque.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before lift (4)..jpg
Views:	151
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	74111  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

I just want to have this clarified, like I'm a two year old. I'm am thinking about the rc premium kit which includes the rear sway bar links. I'm I reading correctly that I can just move the stock rear sway bar links to the front and I will be just fine. I plan on running tires no bigger then a 33x12.5r17. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I am also adding the duel steering stabilizer kit.

Last edited by Maxamoose; 06-27-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rokklymer
JC - What were the issues you ran into? I'd like to know as I'll keep an eye out for them if they are of concern.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ntry-2.5-Coils
Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maxamoose
I just want to have this clarified, like I'm a two year old. I'm am thinking about the rc premium kit which includes the rear sway bar links. I'm I reading correctly that I can just move the stock rear sway bar links to the front and I will be just fine. I plan on running tires no bigger then a 33x12.5r17. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I am also adding the duel steering stabilizer kit.
you are def correct i have this kit you take the long sway bar connects from the back which are over twice as long as the stock front and the rc kit gives you longer rear ones. i wheel the shit out of my jk and have never had a problem. there is a rc rep on this forum you can ask but i dont remember his name. if you buy there 2.5bb kit def get the series 2 kit (Series II kit includes front and rear coil spacers, front and rear brake line brackets, front and rear shock relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links.) is only 40 bucks more
Old 06-28-2010, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was under the jeep this weekend and measured the stock sway bar links. From centre to centre of the connections, the stock ones on the front are 5.5 inches. The back are 8.5 inches. If you put a 2.5 or 3 inch lift in the rear ones moved to the front will set the sway bar back to it's original position before the lift.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response. Does anyone think the shocks are worth the extra money? I'm thinking I may skip the shocks. My 08 only has about 21000 miles and I an sure the stock shocks are still good. I'm thinkning I may skip the shocks and go with the wheel spacers and the front sway bar disco's. my budget is about 600.00 this month.

Last edited by Maxamoose; 06-28-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. Does anyone think the shocks are worth the extra money? I'm thinking I may skip the shocks. My 08 only has about 21000 miles and I an sure the stock shocks are still good. I'm thinkning I may skip the shocks and go with the wheel spacers and the front sway bar disco's. my budget is about 600.00 this month.
I skipped the shocks and went with a basic package as the shocks on the Rubi were in really good condition and all I did was lift the jeep not ad a ton of weight. The stock shocks should last a lnog while and the extensions that came with the kit are made pretty well. I do have a better idea for the front extensions though.

anybody know if the stock Rubi shocks are any beefier that the Sahara or X?

Quick Reply: Proposed Rough Country 2.5" lift and 1.5" Wheel spacers