Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Proposed build

Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proposed build

After almost a year the wife is finally allowing me to spend copious amounts of money on the jeep. I've currently got a painfully stock 4door Rubicon automatic. Its been asking for 37's for a long time, and I can finally tell it "yes!"

-37" KM2's on 17" PSC Spyderlocs
-Teraflex 4" Long Arm
-Teraflex HD Drag link & Flip
-JKS Adjustable Rear Trac bar
-5.13 or 5.38 gears (anyone know anything about the Yukon gear northridge is now selling, anyone running 5.38's?)
-1310 Shaft in the front, ride the stock rear until it dies.
-ORE C gussets
-Woods Evap Relocation

Anything you think HAS to be added or any substitutions welcomed.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nevermind, reread your post. Looks good to me. Should be a sick setup.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

I just put 5.13s with 35s and have an automatic. I think that you'll need the 5.38s with 37s.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rocketman, your jeep is dead sexy!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your going long arm i would go ahead and do the rear driveshaft. Since the rear axle can be re-centered with adj. arms the stock shaft may be a little short. A new rear from the start is a lot cheaper than broken yokes later
Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

I agree about the rear bumper. My tailgate is catching hell with the 35". The PSC wheels are heavy. My next mod is some kind of tire carrier.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

5.13's are doing just fine in my mind. I don't think I'd need 5.38's at all.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
The Spyderlock wheels are awesome, but if the OP is on a budget, I'd suggest that he prioritize a rear bumper/tire carrier over expensive wheels because the stock carrier won't last long with 37s.

Depending upon the type of wheeling the OP does, I'd also prioritize upgraded axle shafts over the wheels, and maybe a front bumper.

If it is just for street driving and light, unlocked trail use, then the axle shafts are probably not a requirment, but the rear bumper/tire carrier would be.

Finally, a speedometer programmer would be highly desired (Hypertech tuner, Pro Comp calibrator, or AEV programmer).
I'll definitely get a programmer, probably the AEV pending reviews once it comes out so go ahead and add that to the list.

The Jeep will probably never see a trail until June due to my work schedule. I'm just trying to get some stuff out of the way now. Plus, I need to strike while the iron is hot WRT the wife being in favor of modifying

I hadn't really thought of axle shafts, but they do seem to make sense. As far as the bumpers, they'll be coming in the next few months. I wont be putting a spare on in the mean time, but will have it in the garage just in case. Like I said, I'm currently working 80+ hour weeks so getting this thing off the pavement is probably not gonna happen. So I guess I'll put bumpers and axles on the things to do in the near future list. We're gonna get a 7500 tax credit this year so I'm sure part of that will go into the Jeep...probably in the form of bumpers, winch, and maybe axle shafts.

How likely am I to destroy the rear drive shaft just driving the thing to and from work?
Great info guys, keep it coming

Quick Reply: Proposed build