Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Propane conversion

Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! This is something I'm considering doing.... my bro runs dual fuel in his f150.. and its pretty sweet.... Paying pretty close to $2.50 per gallon of propane.. even with some decreased economy... it's well worth it.

So I'm ressurecting this thread... Main thing I would like to get from it is tank options.

Anyone know of a tank that could mount in the muffler space?

Or would it be legal / advisable to do some kind of low profile tank on a roof rack? or maybe in the cab?

I suppose you could do some canisters on either side of the spare tire..... but I'm worried about impact there.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

h tp://natgascar.com/chrysler-200.php

Found this for the 3.6 .... I know that the tuning between the 200 and wrangler is probably different..... but still, this is probably a good starting place.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

h tp://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Tanks_-_single-hole.html

Spare tire tanks... one on the bottom is actually meant to be used up-rite.... bet that sucker is HEAVY.

also.. see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLh0WT82sFA

Last edited by RayHoliO; 11-13-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default tank size

It can be done for around 5k in the states. The only issue will be mounting a tank of sufficient size somewhere. Tanks can only be filled to 80% of water capacity, ie 26 gallon tank = 21 gallons of fuel. Mpg usually stays the same to 10% less. LPG right now in my hometown for road fuel is $1.26. PRINS makes the best systems on the market. Conversion can be done just the tank issue is all I see.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by realreddirt
It can be done for around 5k in the states. The only issue will be mounting a tank of sufficient size somewhere. Tanks can only be filled to 80% of water capacity, ie 26 gallon tank = 21 gallons of fuel. Mpg usually stays the same to 10% less. LPG right now in my hometown for road fuel is $1.26. PRINS makes the best systems on the market. Conversion can be done just the tank issue is all I see.
Custom tanks can probably be purchased
Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to see these conversion everyday in lima Peru for $500 dollars , they even have propane gas station available over there.

Quick Reply: Propane conversion