Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which programmers will let you return to stock?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which programmers will let you return to stock?

So I've been looking at programmers to turn off the TPMS. Saw the Procal, and liked the price, but started thinking, for another $150 or so, I can get one that will give me a better tune for my highway driving. Problem is, I want the ability to return it completely to stock in case I need to take it in to the stealership for anything.

I read some threads a while back that indicated that although some of the tuners give you the option to return to stock, they don't do it completely, and the dealership will be able to tell you altered the computer. Some folks thought they returned their settings to stock with their Superchips (I believe) programmers, and got their jeeps flagged.

Which programmers will let you return COMPLETELY to stock, to the point where the techs won't be able to tell you ever did anything to your jeep?

Jason
Old 07-01-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

The Superchips Flashpaq allows you to completely return to stock. (Most people actually recommend doing that any time you go to the dealer, just in case they flash your computer - it will screw up your settings when trying to reinstall your tuning.)
Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
The Superchips Flashpaq allows you to completely return to stock. (Most people actually recommend doing that any time you go to the dealer, just in case they flash your computer - it will screw up your settings when trying to reinstall your tuning.)
Like he said...my Superchips has a "return to stock" setting.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I imagine they all have this feature.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

From what I was told, you should return it to stock well ahead of when you take it to the dealer. It give it a chance to build some history, if you reflash right before you go in it it can be picked up on.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

As far as I know, none of them will do what you want. Your tracks will not be erased, regardless of setting back to stock.

If it concerns you that much, your best bet is to just get the ProCal. It is a programmer, not a tuner, so has no affect on the stock tuning.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

As far as I know, none of them will do what you want. Your tracks will not be erased, regardless of setting back to stock.

If it concerns you that much, your best bet is to just get the ProCal. It is a programmer, not a tuner, so has no affect on the stock tuning.

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, but that's what I needed to know. I know a lot of them have a "return to stock" setting, but I've heard from more than one person that the dealership can still "see" that you monkeyed with it, even after "returning to stock". I will just get the ProCal. My 33"s aren't hurting my performance that bad to risk my lifetime powertrain warranty. I mostly just want the TPMS light to go away.

Jason
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

I'm pretty sure there is another way to get your tire lights to turn off. I used to have 35s on my old jeep and never got my lights turning on. I just had the tire shop change it in the computer for me.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
JK Freak

I really doubt that they would dig that deep to see if you have been messing with the settings, remember just because are paying top dollar for the mechanic, dosent mean that they are getting it. I wouild like to hear from a dealership mechanic on this point.

Quick Reply: Which programmers will let you return to stock?