Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Programmers question.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmers question.

I see that much of the debate is between Superchips and Bullydog programmers, what about some of the others I see such as Banks or Predator etc.? Why are the Superchip and Bullydog so prevalent? I see that each has their positives and negatives but are they that much better than some of the others? Is it price or features. I'm just curious if most who have a programmer did their homework on some of the others and why or why not you chose what you did. thanks.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sciguy6
I see that much of the debate is between Superchips and Bullydog programmers, what about some of the others I see such as Banks or Predator etc.? Why are the Superchip and Bullydog so prevalent? I see that each has their positives and negatives but are they that much better than some of the others? Is it price or features. I'm just curious if most who have a programmer did their homework on some of the others and why or why not you chose what you did. thanks.
Done a bunch of reasearch on here and I went with superchips. They seem to have been around a lot longer than the rest. I couldnt ever drive without it now. Lots more power and great fetures. I can actually disable my tpms, so no more annoying sounds becuase I dont have sensors!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks blue. Anyone else with pros and cons for some of the others?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

i went with superchip because its the only one with the most feature.. tpmsa, crawl mode, axels lock(rubicon only) , put it back to stock, rev limiter, tire height, axels and gears ratio, 91 tune, tow tune, 93 tune, 87 tune, real time Idle, spark advance set, tire height, auto transmission shift point and pressure, engine diagnostic tool and more...

i love mine I saved 4L/100km in town.. max 18hp 24torque

i would wait for the superchip vivid coming up sumtime this summer its got tons more feature.. gps, camera, video.. chek it out
Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the Hypertech Max Energy yesterday that I got for a really great price. ( it was used) I really just wanted it to change my tire size since I went from the stock 16's to 17's with 34's. I can say that I am pleasantly suprised how nice it is to drive the Jeep again! I'm running the regular tune, and it no longer hunts for gears, and so far I have seen a gain in mpg's ( crossing my fingers it stays this way) I know the Jeep will never have a ton power without a Hemi swap , but I knew that going in, and don't really care.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

superjk, the hp and torque increases, did you dyno? I see many here say they feel the difference or they don't with the different programmers but being a science guy, the numbers matter.

nuttoo: I agree on the power thing but I drive regularly to northern Wis and Southern Il and the wind just makes the Jeep unbearable to drive many times. Some more power would keep me sane.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=sciguy6;2342726]superjk, the hp and torque increases, did you dyno? I see many here say they feel the difference or they don't with the different programmers but being a science guy, the numbers matter.

Throttle body sensitivity and horsepower are two different animals

You my friend are a Hypertech customer, we are privately owned by a engineer and employ the most degreed engineers of any tuning company while also employing the smallest marketing of any tuning company.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Hypertech;2348072]
Originally Posted by sciguy6
superjk, the hp and torque increases, did you dyno? I see many here say they feel the difference or they don't with the different programmers but being a science guy, the numbers matter.

Throttle body sensitivity and horsepower are two different animals

You my friend are a Hypertech customer, we are privately owned by a engineer and employ the most degreed engineers of any tuning company while also employing the smallest marketing of any tuning company.
Thanks for responding. What sets you guys apart? On one hand there's tons of info on here for the superchip and bullydog but I don't see any numbers to back it up. I know response and seat of the pants feel may be all we have but has anyone dynoed. Horsepower is bragging rights but torque is what we really feel.

Someone mentioned more options on the superchip but I feel I would not be messing with to many parameters just set it to what I want and go.

Quick Reply: Programmers question.