Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Programmer/Tuner? Need Your Input!

Old 03-31-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im also in the market for a new programmer, (currently have the flashpaq).
im looking for something that does monitoring, but cant decide between the traildash, bullydog,ds trinity, and i saw that sct has 1 out for the jk's now.

i was wondering, does any of them monitor oil pressure?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have flash cal and like the headlight options. ie fogs with high beams and daytime running options. Don't know if others offer that but I live in the country and like the extra light.

Sent using smoke signals
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's the difference between the flashcal and flashpac ??
Old 04-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jnorman831
What's the difference between the flashcal and flashpac ??
FlashCal will allow you to adjust tire size, gear ratio, TPMS, etc. The FlashPaq does everything that ye FlashCal does but adds ECU tuning to the list of options.

You can also upgrade the FlashCal to a FlashPaq with a download from SuperChips.

Michael @ Level 10
Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TakeABackRoad
These are the ones I am looking at:
Superchips TrailDash
Superchips Flashcal
Superchips Flashpaq
Diablo Trinity
Bullydog GT

I was curious what the pros/cons and experiences you have had with any of these. I had an AEV Procal but the person who sold it to me didn't return it to stock so it allowed me one tune before it locked me out. Since I now have to buy another I was debating if I should spend the extra money for something like the Traildash/Bullydog/Trinity.

I do offroading probably once a month give or take and have a 2011 JK which is my daily driver. I am running 35's on 5:13 gears. I also have an overlanding trip planned and was curious if something of the likes of Traildash/Bullydog/Diablo would have more options for a trip such as this. Also, for those who run any of them, do you keep them mounted up near your dash all the time or can you disconnect it and mount it when needed?

Appreciate the help in advance!
I am using the bullydog gt for about 7 months now.

I have my km/hr showing and coolant and tranny temp. Along with voltage.

I like it. I have definately noticed a increase in fuel and having 37s, 4:10s and automatic. Hitting 15L to 100kms is pretty good on the highway.

The best feature is being able to run a high idle for winching.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Level 10 Off Road

FlashCal will allow you to adjust tire size, gear ratio, TPMS, etc. The FlashPaq does everything that ye FlashCal does but adds ECU tuning to the list of options.

You can also upgrade the FlashCal to a FlashPaq with a download from SuperChips.

Michael @ Level 10
Just upgraded my flashcal to flashpaq half price right now go to the website $90 can't beat that deal no I am in no way affiliated with superchips
Old 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
Just upgraded my flashcal to flashpaq half price right now go to the website $90 can't beat that deal no I am in no way affiliated with superchips
Any idea how long that 1/2 off is going for? Can't seem to find download prices on their website. I'm ready to buy either the flashcal or flashpaq now.. I'd save some $ by going with the flashcal from 4wd.com for $130 and pay $90 to upgrade, vs the flashpaq for $284. (4wd has 10% off of these right now btw)
Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
@The Black Jeep
Thanks for the tip! I bought my flashcal 2 weeks ago to simply adjust my change in gearing and tire size but now I am interested in upgrading it to flashpaq.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yeti836

Any idea how long that 1/2 off is going for? Can't seem to find download prices on their website. I'm ready to buy either the flashcal or flashpaq now.. I'd save some $ by going with the flashcal from 4wd.com for $130 and pay $90 to upgrade, vs the flashpaq for $284. (4wd has 10% off of these right now btw)
It just says for a limited time no end date
I would hurry cause it's been on for about 2 weeks since I stumbled on it
And as of 2 minutes ago it's still 1/2 price at $89.99
Old 04-09-2015, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

I read somewhere on here that the 2015's PCM has been locked and will not allow any programmers to work is this true?

Quick Reply: Which Programmer/Tuner? Need Your Input!