Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Programmer/tuner?

Old 07-04-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which Programmer/tuner?

Howdy all...

I currently have an older Superchips programmer and it works fine but I am going to try using the "viper throttle body" mod on my '08 JKUR and have been reading that the two are not compatible.
I understand Hypertech's programmer to work with the Viper TB but I'm not sure how it is comparable to the Superchips. I'm thinking that if there is more than one programmer out there that will work with the TB I would obviously like to get the most useful one available since I'm now in the market. I'm still not totally sure the Superchips doesn't currently work with the TB as there doesn't seem to be any current threads on the subject so if you know something about that I'd appreciate the info!

I am liking some of the newer style tuners with the color touch screens that allow you to use them as gauges for a wide variety of items, that flexibility seems really nice. I was going to get at least a tranny temp gauge sometime soon...so, two birds. So basically what programmer/chip do yall run? What would you recommend for use with the TB, something that at least control the fuel mapping?

Is the Hypertech the way to go?

Thanks in advance and HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!

Quick Reply: Which Programmer/tuner?