Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Programer Choice

Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programer Choice

Which one do I get. Hypertech econ or max energy? What's the difference?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 PM
JK Super Freak

What about superchips ?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

It sounds like Superchips Flashpaq is giving the most performance increase, but some teething problems with some vehicles.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

procal is good and cheap if you only want to recalibrate
Old 05-08-2009, 02:08 AM
JK Freak

Hypertech econ is for making your vehicle more fuel efficient or something. The max energy retunes it to supposedly give you HP, also allows you to recalibrate for larger tire sizes.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 AM
JK Junkie

I certainly wouldn't buy an economy only programmer as the ones that build performance also build efficiencies that will increase your mileage. The Superchips seemingly has it all with a Mileage XS setting, 87, 91 and 93 Octane tune. Been happy with mine and can't say the same about the Hypertech.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jpop which tunning would u recommend for best performance on SC i dont care about the milegae only HP & Torque
Old 05-08-2009, 03:11 AM
JK Junkie

I'm currently running the 87 tune after switching from the 93 tune. While I'm sure there is more power with the 93 tune, I'm not at all disappointed with what I'm getting from 87. Also, when I first had an issue I received a call from the engineer who heads up their Chrysler product development and he mentioned that I should try the 87 tune as if he was especially proud of the way it performed. The 87 Octane setting definitely moves pretty good and I probably won't go back to 93 Octane until gas prices climb and the percentage price increase of premium becomes lower for the extra 20¢ a gallon.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks Jpop i have read all ur posts and u certainly know ur stuff. i have catback with aem cai and according to ur posts somewhere else headers with black satin coated is the go. So 93 octane on SC should be ok or should i stick to 83 as i said i dont have milage concerns
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 AM
JK Junkie

I'm not sure I would do the headers again. If I could have plucked my stock exhaust manifolds and had them coated my guess is I wouldn't have been that far off. Just couldn't afford to be without my vehicle for a week or two to get it done at the time but knew the decrease in under hood temperatures would increase efficiencies.

BTW, most of what I did to my JK was done in hopes of increasing mileage, not performance. Certainly I like stepping on the skinny pedal and having it go faster, but at the time I was using the JK for a pretty long daily commute. I was able to squeeze around 23.5 pencil checked mpg out of it before I went to 35s. Still cranking at over 20 flat highway mpg although the game is different with a 15 minute highway commute to get to work.

Quick Reply: Programer Choice