Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

procomp xtreme mud terrains

Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procomp xtreme mud terrains

are the procomp xtreme mud terrains as good as they look, anybody know.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am running the xterrains and love them. they do exceptionally well in mud, snow, and rain. i would imagine that the xtreme m/t's would do that much better in mud.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got just about 17K on my set and am happy with them. Have been off road a couple times and they did fine. I'm not extreme by any means but for what I do they worked great. Even had a chance to test them in some snow recently and they got me up some pretty steep hills with no problems. I'm rotating all 5 around so hope to get 40-50K out of them and it looks good so far.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Default if

if you run in the rocks alot. dont buy them. my buddies has full lugs missing off of his. they look nice but i would not buy them. he took his out the first time. aired them down to 15lbs and ripped off the at least 6 lugs of of all four tires. hteres a reason jeep stopped putting them on at the dealers here. to many compaints from the customers.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ckmehl
if you run in the rocks alot. dont buy them. my buddies has full lugs missing off of his. they look nice but i would not buy them. he took his out the first time. aired them down to 15lbs and ripped off the at least 6 lugs of of all four tires. hteres a reason jeep stopped putting them on at the dealers here. to many compaints from the customers.
i would imagine that it also has to do with many of the JKs are being bought by customers that arent as wheelin driven as past jeep models. to me, it seems that a majority of JK owners are never going to offroad their jeeps, and would rather have an aggressive A/T over a true M/T.
they arent really meant to be a krawler type tire. i agree, if you plan to do rocks, you are probably better off getting a tire more dedicated to that. if you plan to do alot of muddin, get them. around here, there arent many rocks to be worried about. i dont do any serious mudding, so the xterrains have been great for my needs, thus far.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

i've run them on my JK, for 50,000 plus miles, I had over 40,000 on my set of 35's then bought the 37's.

they are a good tire for the road and do very well offroad. They do chunk, but its part of crawling on the rocks.

We use the same tire on the comp rig for 4wd hardware. We got two seasons on one set.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you do a lot of highway driving and like to go in the mud too then it is a good tire, if it is just an offroad vehicle then you might want something else. I have a set with 35000 miles on them and they have half the tread left.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Default its for the trail

i dont do a lot of rock crawling, mostly trails and offroading of that nature
Old 01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Junkie

My procomp xterrains are tough as nails I have ran over everything and never had a flat or needed a repair. 30,000 kms right now and more than half tread left
Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_cuse420
i dont do a lot of rock crawling, mostly trails and offroading of that nature
They work good in the mud, they have siping which helps clean them out, (although they could clean out a little better imo) they are quiet on the regular road and I think they would work good for you, I do a lot of trails too and they work just fine, great as a matter of fact.
Procomps are good tires I have a lot of friends who only run Xtreme AllTerrains because of the great mileage they give. One of my friends got 70000miles out of his 37's on a dodge diesel quadcab heavy SOB!

Quick Reply: procomp xtreme mud terrains