Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Procomp wheels starting to pit!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procomp wheels starting to pit!

Well I've had my wheels now for almost 6 months and a little over 3k miles. I washed my jeep the other day and notice the wheels are starting to pit really bad. I took it back to the seller and he called the vendor who says to take some pictures and send in. I haven't had a chance to do this yet since I work offshore and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with procomps wheels and how they handled it. Supposed to have a 3 year warranty on finish so I'm curious to see how they handle it.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default whoa..

L:et me know how this goes ASAP. I am ab out 2 weeks shy of ordering some procomp wheels and I want to know how they handle this. What kind of useage were they getting... off road? strictly street?

Originally Posted by benjamin24
Well I've had my wheels now for almost 6 months and a little over 3k miles. I washed my jeep the other day and notice the wheels are starting to pit really bad. I took it back to the seller and he called the vendor who says to take some pictures and send in. I haven't had a chance to do this yet since I work offshore and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with procomps wheels and how they handled it. Supposed to have a 3 year warranty on finish so I'm curious to see how they handle it.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got another week offshore but as soon as I get in we're sending pictures to the vendor to show that it's a defect and not road rash or anything. Been offroad twice once in mud and once on the beach nothing ever reached the rim. Whenever I take pics to send to vendor I'll post some to show what I'm talking about.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default hmmm

what exactly dp you mean by pitting? is it the finish thats warping? Do you have black or no? What model of pro comps do you have?

Originally Posted by benjamin24
I've got another week offshore but as soon as I get in we're sending pictures to the vendor to show that it's a defect and not road rash or anything. Been offroad twice once in mud and once on the beach nothing ever reached the rim. Whenever I take pics to send to vendor I'll post some to show what I'm talking about.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had nothing but bad luck with pro comp wheels, there is no quality there. im on my third set of knight khrome...junk.....junk......junk
Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
what exactly dp you mean by pitting? is it the finish thats warping? Do you have black or no? What model of pro comps do you have?
His signature says 6047's and they would be chrome.

crajos11 - I believe your issue lies with the night chrome more than it does with Pro-comp as a company. Pro-comp is a good company with good products. The number of wheels in use by them on members rigs of this site alone should speak volumes.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you say seller, do you mean original owner/purchaser? If so, you might want to keep that to yourself. Some manufacturers only warranty things to the original purchaser. Good luck
Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

My procomp rims are pitting pretty badly too... i got them about a year ago though...

i am still not happy about it though.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same Issue

I have the same problem with my ProComp 6001's. I bought them in March and recently noticed pitting between the spokes and what appears to be the chrome starting to peel. 4 Wheel Parts said they will exchange the wheels under warranty, but I am afraid of having the same issue with the new ones. Here are some pics of what my wheels look like.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Pics 001.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	30880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Pics 004.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	30881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Pics 006.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	30882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Pics 008.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	30883  
Old 10-01-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	KP1602_6680.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	30886

:d

Quick Reply: Procomp wheels starting to pit!