Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ProComp or TeraFlex?

Old 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JGP4JK
Thanks guys. You've all made a compelling arguments. I figured TeraFlex was the way to go. It appears that the budget boost with shocks is still less than $500. I wont have to worry about drive shafts and I can throw 35's under it. Thanks again, you answered the question I needed.
not all teraflex users are satisfied at first i really liked my 3" full mid arm lift until i found out that the rear track bar relocation bracket slams into your rear shock the fix you have to buy a shock relocation bracket and a new shock then had my tires rotated found out that the brake line relocation bracket puts the brake line right in the way of the rear antisway bar as your rear flexes the antisway bar hits your brake line very dangerous worn almost all the way through contacted customer support their fix "no return phone calls" this lift was installed buy the jeep dealer when i bought the jeep new. the kit purchased was not the long arm kit but the best one you can get before going long arm
Old 02-25-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uriasa
Not all teraflex users are satisfied at first i really liked my 3" full mid arm lift until i found out that the rear track bar relocation bracket slams into your rear shock the fix you have to buy a shock relocation bracket and a new shock then had my tires rotated found out that the brake line relocation bracket puts the brake line right in the way of the rear antisway bar as your rear axle flexes the antisway bar hits and rubs on your brake line very dangerous worn almost all the way through contacted customer support their fix "no return phone calls" this lift was installed buy the jeep dealer when i bought the jeep new. there is a serious design flaw in this lift kit.
That must be an old kit installed on your unit. The newer ones have a bracket on the axle end of the track bar not the frame. Also the brakeline relocation bracket has a double bend in it for more clearance. I put my brake line brackets in a vice and bent them like the new ones as soon as I noticed contact with the brake line. I'm sure TF would have sent me new ones if I had called them. That is one of the benifits of doing your own install rather than having a shop do it. Either way you are encouraged to check all fasteners and installed parts after the first 300 miles, its in the installation instructions.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by uriasa
not all teraflex users are satisfied at first i really liked my 3" full mid arm lift until i found out that the rear track bar relocation bracket slams into your rear shock the fix you have to buy a shock relocation bracket and a new shock then had my tires rotated found out that the brake line relocation bracket puts the brake line right in the way of the rear antisway bar as your rear flexes the antisway bar hits your brake line very dangerous worn almost all the way through contacted customer support their fix "no return phone calls" this lift was installed buy the jeep dealer when i bought the jeep new. the kit purchased was not the long arm kit but the best one you can get before going long arm
Using the occasional period would help make this a little more "readable".

I've never heard of this complaint.

I'm not trying to argue your problem, but coming on here and complaining about a lift that you did not install yourself is kind of pointless. It sounds like you know very little about your lift and it's components.

How can you say for certain that your problems were not in any way related to the installation. Maybe those guys at dealership don't know everything they're talking about. Personally, I don't believe most information given to me by a dealership.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stlfan06
Using the occasional period would help make this a little more "readable".

I've never heard of this complaint.

I'm not trying to argue your problem, but coming on here and complaining about a lift that you did not install yourself is kind of pointless. It sounds like you know very little about your lift and it's components.

How can you say for certain that your problems were not in any way related to the installation. Maybe those guys at dealership don't know everything they're talking about. Personally, I don't believe most information given to me by a dealership.
well it sounds like i may know a little more about this product than you this was a major problem for teraflex they redesigned the brakeline brackets because of this reason also the rear trackbar relocation bracket was also redesigned because it would crash into the rear passanger side shock when articulating but you didn't hear about that. again not all teraflex users are satisfied. no periods needed

Quick Reply: ProComp or TeraFlex?