Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ProComp or TeraFlex?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProComp or TeraFlex?

ProComp or TeraFlex?
Looking to boost my 2008 Stock 2 door JK X. I am viewing my options for a 2.5" Budget boost and it looks like more poeple are going for the TeraFlex but the ProComp is comporable in price and uses springs as opposed to spacers (TeraFlex). Which is better to use and why is one better than the other? Also, will I need to make any changes to my drive shafts on either of these lifts?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

I'd go with the teraflex, they make some of the best suspension products u can throw on the jeep, a LOT of satisfied users on here with the TF BB. Rear spacers have coil isolators to keep coils from popping out under full droop. Its a complete kit with brake line extension brackets, bump stop extensions, can either get shock extensions, or shocks. Or upgrade to the 2.5" coil lift. But they have great customer service, forum sponsors, and again, great product quality. 2.5" and under shouldn't have to worry about drive shafts. Don't know a lot about procomp, but I'd stick with there wheels and tires, never really thought of them as being a suspension company. I know there are some on here who hav e their lifts and are satisfied, but u just can't go wrong with teraflex. Wish I had gone with their 2.5 coil lift in the beggining as opposed to going through multiple lower quality budget boost.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Teraflex
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Teraflex. Their customer service is up and beyond anyone I have personally dealt with.
You will love their products!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have any questions on TeraFlex products, give me a call.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

See, already offering customer service and ur not even a customer yet.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie

I have a procomp lift and like it but would trade it out for a teraflex in a heartbeat.
I am not a fan of Pro Comps customer service at all
Old 02-24-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wow

Thanks guys. You've all made a compelling arguments. I figured TeraFlex was the way to go. It appears that the budget boost with shocks is still less than $500. I wont have to worry about drive shafts and I can throw 35's under it. Thanks again, you answered the question I needed.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think you may want the coil lift then you probably will in the near future.

You just want to bite the bullet and get the TF 2.5" coil lift.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Not all teraflex users are satisfied

Not all teraflex users are satisfied at first i really liked my 3" full mid arm lift until i found out that the rear track bar relocation bracket slams into your rear shock the fix you have to buy a shock relocation bracket and a new shock then had my tires rotated found out that the brake line relocation bracket puts the brake line right in the way of the rear antisway bar as your rear axle flexes the antisway bar hits and rubs on your brake line very dangerous worn almost all the way through contacted customer support their fix "no return phone calls" this lift was installed buy the jeep dealer when i bought the jeep new. there is a serious design flaw in this lift kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0086.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	37768   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0079.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	37769  

Quick Reply: ProComp or TeraFlex?