Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Procomp 4inch stage II lift sag fix

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procomp 4inch stage II lift sag fix

Looking from some help figuring out how to fix a problem I have. With the edition off a winch and all the bumpers and stuff I've added to my jeep has caused it to sag pretty bad. So bad that my front axle is off by about an 1inch to the passenger side. I have adjusted the trackbar that came with the kit but it's still off by an inch. Rear off by 3/4 of an inch. Thinking about adding some spacers all around to bring it back up. But have no idea how much to add with the short arms. Anyone have experience with the issue and how did you fix it. Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say your axles are off, are you talking about the height or side to side? If your talking about height, why would you adjust the track bar? That does not adjust height, only centers your axle under the vehicle. For height lost due to heavy bumper and winch, add coil spacers. I added 1" front and 2" rear on mine and it rides great. Just figure out how much you want to go up and order the spacer size you need to achieve the height you want.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Renpia - it's off side to side, not centered that's why I adjusted trackbar. Do you have the procomp 4 inch lift and added the spacers on top of it?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your diff is off side to side, you have to adjust your trackbar. It appears, by your explaination, that there is so much added weight that it has affected the trackbar length. I can see how it may affect the side-to-side shift as the more it has sunk, the more the trackbar would push it out.

FYI, when a lift is installed, the front diff gets pushed out toward the drivers side and the rear to the passenger.

It doesn't matter if it's a 2 1/2" or 4", the only change is how much it has shifted

Here's an article describing what happens when a lift is installed. And how to correct it with your adjustible trackbar

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

You also mention a sag issue. This is a completely different problem. Most of the time it is caused by heavy accessories. Corrections include what renpia suggested, or progressive springs, or even adjustible coil spacers (ACOS). These corrections will get back the height lost

Hopefully this will make sense.

Last edited by RodCyn; 08-12-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick replies. I believe I understand what needs to be done.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whiteFALCON30
Renpia - it's off side to side, not centered that's why I adjusted trackbar. Do you have the procomp 4 inch lift and added the spacers on top of it?
Okay, that's a lot of sag to cause your axle to push out that much. How much height do you think you lost? I would install the spacers first making up the lost height then adjust your TB to center the axle.

Yes I have a 4" Procomp and added spacers after putting heavy bumpers, winch and big spare tire but I didn't lose more than 1".

Quick Reply: Procomp 4inch stage II lift sag fix