Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ProCharger Super Chargers for 2011 JKU 3.8l

Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProCharger Super Chargers for 2011 JKU 3.8l

Wondering if anyone has installed a ProCharger system on a JK? I have used them on my Hemi truck and My neighbors 2010 Camaro SS and have found them to be quite impressive. I called ProCharger and they referred me to a company in Colorado who is designing a ProCharger kit that will be available soon. Is ProCharger too powerful for the 3.8l? Is this why there isn't much information on the Procharger for Jeep 3.8??

Any information on the best kit for a 3.8l would be awesome!

Thanks
Allen

Last edited by FatJKU; 02-25-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: I had posted a URL and saw that was not allowed.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I called ProCharger and they referred me to a company in Colorado who is designing a ProCharger kit that will be available soon.
Is this why there isn't much information on the Procharger for Jeep 3.8??
I am going to guess that the first quote answers the second quote. No one has information on it, because it hasn't been produced yet...

But as this is a first post by a new member, about a product that is still being designed, are you sure you aren't associated with that company?

If you are actually looking for info, there is a ton of feedback here on Ripp superchargers, and some threads on some other companies superchargers, and some threads on turbos, and some threads on V-8 swaps, and even some threads on diesel swaps. Lots of info to search on and read through.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Actually, In my post I clearly stated that I have installed KITS both in my own Dodge Hemi and a friends Camaro. You can buy ProChargers and fabricate the install yourself, but that is beyond my expertise. Which is why I am researching this and wanted to know if anyone has any current experience.

P.S. I do own my own company, but we only have desks...

Allen
Old 02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I don't recall seeing any threads on building/fabricating either a supercharger or a turbo. But you will find threads on:

- Supercharger
RIPP - (by far the largest web presence, lots of info on this one)
Magnuson -
AEV - (rebranded magnuson? Not sure)
Sprintex -
Hesco -
505 -
Avenger - (their shop here in Colorado closed, but may still be shipping out of his house or another location?)

- Turbo
Prodigy -
STS -

Probably some others that I have overlooked.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Former Vendor

We have an awesome deal going on for the Sprintex Supercharger... It produces awesome torque at very low RPM's...

Sprintex Jeep JK Supercharger system
Old 02-26-2014, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Really inexpensive kit:

Now for some questions being as they don't post anything on their website Innovate Motor Sports On-Line Store

Why no need for additional upgrades? Most kits come with larger fuel injectors and such. What is Procharger doing different that causes larger injectors not to be required?

How much boost can be achieved with this system? Is that upgradeable with an overdrive pulley or some other device?

What are some real rear wheel HP/Torque numbers with this system mounted on say a jeep with 37's and 5.38 gears?

When will an intercooler be available for this system?

Really can't make an assessment on this system until we see some dyno numbers.

Quick Reply: ProCharger Super Chargers for 2011 JKU 3.8l