Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Procal vs. Superchips

Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procal vs. Superchips

I'm rehearing tomorrow and am going to need one of these. Is the extra money for the Superchips really worth it? I have a '10, six speed and going to 4.10s on '33s. Will the tunes of the Superchips work with a manual transmission? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Regearing....
Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Superchips and Hypertech

Can't believe nobody chimed in yet. The Superchips website lists the Flashpaq and Jeep VIVID as both available for your 2010 with 6sp.
I've always liked Hypertech and their Max Energy and Speedometer Recalibrator are both availble for it but some features are listed as internet upgradable where Superchips doesn't say. Maybe Superchips includes them in first purchase idunno. Someone else may be able to shed more light there.
Anyway Lemmy know how you like that regear I'm very interested in how it changes the vehicle's attitude and feel.

Jer
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Suspector X
Can't believe nobody chimed in yet. The Superchips website lists the Flashpaq and Jeep VIVID as both available for your 2010 with 6sp.
I've always liked Hypertech and their Max Energy and Speedometer Recalibrator are both availble for it but some features are listed as internet upgradable where Superchips doesn't say. Maybe Superchips includes them in first purchase idunno. Someone else may be able to shed more light there.
Anyway Lemmy know how you like that regear I'm very interested in how it changes the vehicle's attitude and feel.

Jer
Yes both the flashpaq and Vivid will calibrate the speedo
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Yes both the flashpaq and Vivid will calibrate the speedo

Right, but other features that I like such as idle speed, low range throttle calibration, normal throttle calibration and some others that are important to me are not standard with the Flashpaq. That could affect the cost if they are important to someone else.

EDIT: I Didn't realize I hadn't directly answered the original question. My bad lol. Yes both recalibrate the speedo for gears and/or tires.

Last edited by Suspector X; 02-15-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: vague post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

There really is no "versus" to be had here. They're two different modules. One is simply for recalibration necessitated by equipment adjustments, and the other changes/improves engine timings and throughput. If you don't plan on going beyond chipping, get the tuner. For 200 bucks more, you'll enjoy it long term.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Right, but other features that I like such as idle speed, low range throttle calibration, normal throttle calibration and some others that are important to me are not standard with the Flashpaq. That could affect the cost if they are important to someone else.
The Vivid has those features
Old 02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

EDIT: I Didn't realize I hadn't directly answered the original question. My bad lol. Yes both recalibrate the speedo for gears and/or tires.
Every feature mentioned here has long been available on a Flashpaq and way before brand h. Products shipping today have them all and Superchips has continually upgraded their product and all but the advanced trans tune is free of charge. Lots of people who have owned both as I have and ended up with Superchips.

If I were going to consider something else, it would be the Diablo because of the custom tune capabilities. If you don't plan on adding accessories such as long tube headers or a supercharger the out of the box tunes of the Diablo haven't built a following. Then with an automatic transmission, it's a Flashpaq hands down as no one else has a shift schedule package that is anywhere close.

Quick Reply: Procal vs. Superchips