Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

procal

Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procal

ive installed the procal in my jk and still my speedo has different speed from my gps!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you measure your tires to set the ProCal?

After the initial measurement, I adjusted my ProCal by 1/4" increments to reach the corrected speed by the GPS.

It took about 4 times to get it right.

Still off by 1 mph at 70....
Old 09-02-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't measure just the overall height of he tire. You need to measure from center to floor and double that. The rolling distance is affected by the compressed tire on th ground. I did it this way (being a stupid math guy) and my input to the procal is spot on.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
You can't measure just the overall height of he tire. You need to measure from center to floor and double that. The rolling distance is affected by the compressed tire on th ground. I did it this way (being a stupid math guy) and my input to the procal is spot on.
Huh that's wierd. I understand what your saying but mine is spot on using overall height on jeep. I think every jeep is a little different cause my bros is like 1/2-3/4 mph off
Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DadsCJ
After the initial measurement, I adjusted my ProCal by 1/4" increments to reach the corrected speed by the GPS.
It took about 4 times to get it right.
I was too impatient to go home and measure. I guessed in the parking lot, then just did the trial and error method, stopping several times along the way to finally match the gps.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 PM
JK Newbie

thanks a lot!! ive set it to 33,5" and now i am only 2kph different!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gps

I'll readjust mine, I think I'm like 3 MPH off at 60... I'm set for 35s, but the tires are really 34.5, but when I set for 34.5 it was WAY off... so maybe 34.75 lol.

I'll just keep playing when I get some free time this winter. inches aren't what I would call accurate enough for this. I can use a speedo GPS app on the iphone and set it to that.

Quick Reply: procal