Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problems with my 9.5ti

Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my 9.5ti

I'm having problems with my winch. In free spool the only way I can pull the line out is by hooking to a tree and backing the jeep up. I can't get it to budge with 2 people pulling on it. It's also not spooling out when I use the remote either. I can hear the solenoid make a click when I hit the button to spool out but nothing happens. It does spool in though. Anyone have similar problems or any ideas what might be wrong with it?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Warn has some of the best customer service give them a call and they will help you out 18005439276
Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigljking
I'm having problems with my winch. In free spool the only way I can pull the line out is by hooking to a tree and backing the jeep up. I can't get it to budge with 2 people pulling on it.
I had exact same problem, and as Dave said above, Warn was very helpful. Try unspooling the line almost all the way out, and then tidily winching the line back onto the spool.

I bought the winch used, so Warn asked me about the nut that holds the line onto the spool (visible when line is out). If its not the original shaped nut, the line can get caught and cause the problem described. Warn service direct line is 800-543-9276, ext 3031 or 3205.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a wild guest but if the solenoid click but the winch motor does not start take a look at your solenoid to winch motor cabling

Quick Reply: Problems with my 9.5ti