Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problems mounting EVO rear D-ring mounts and bumper fascia

Old 04-18-2014, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems mounting EVO rear D-ring mounts and bumper fascia

What am I missing here?

The holes are so far off it isn't even funny! When I get one bolt in, all of the other 3 bolt holes are off. The drivers side is the worst, you can see that not only is the fascia off, but the d-ring mounts and the EVO plate as well! Nothing matches up. The passenger side is similar, just not as bad, but still cannot get more than one bolt in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 1.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	546754Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 3.jpeg
Views:	661
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	546755Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 2.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	546756Click image for larger version

Name:	pass 2.jpeg
Views:	392
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	546757Click image for larger version

Name:	pass side 1.jpeg
Views:	1307
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	546758

Last edited by Brightwhite; 04-18-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Images....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pass side 1.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	546762   Click image for larger version

Name:	pass 2.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	546763   Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 2.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	546764   Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 3.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	546765   Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 1.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	546766  

Old 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! That looks really shitty. They're probably going to need to send you a new set unless you don't mind redrilling those holes.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, i was going to get one of these really soon. Ill have to follow this thread and see how things turn out. Keep us posted.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
Wow! That looks really shitty. They're probably going to need to send you a new set unless you don't mind redrilling those holes.
That's the only thing I can figure as well.

And..just so everyone knows - I spent 2 hours messing with it trying to make it work. It's not like I just slapped it on and thought it would be a 5 minute job, but never imagined I would be like this!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sar2547
Wow, i was going to get one of these really soon. Ill have to follow this thread and see how things turn out. Keep us posted.
I emailed Drew at ORE, so we'll see what he says. I'm with you, I am waiting to see how this turns out, because as of right now I have $400 worth of metal and bolts that is sitting on my garage floor!

On another side note...I did cut my frame to flush mount the d-ring mounts. It was really easy...took 2 mins a side with a sawzall, then some grinding to smooth it out.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Are they switched? Right on left and left on right?
Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same setup on mine. My first set of D -Rings literally would not fit in the frame rails so EVO manufacturing promptly sent me a new set (originally ordered from Northridge). The replacement set fit like a charm. I also just added the fascia and was having some trouble with it but was able to "hammer" down the back part that fits over the frame rail and that allowed the proper angles to get all the bolt holes aligned. It is a very tight fit and if everything isn't aligned properly there is no room for error. It is possible yours are off like my first set of d rings were, but after some work I determined the bolt holes were spot on I just had to push the fascia far enough down over the frame rails for it to fit.

I hope some of that makes sense, I can post some pictures tomorrow that may help you if you need.

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Fam
I have the same setup on mine. My first set of D -Rings literally would not fit in the frame rails so EVO manufacturing promptly sent me a new set (originally ordered from Northridge). The replacement set fit like a charm. I also just added the fascia and was having some trouble with it but was able to "hammer" down the back part that fits over the frame rail and that allowed the proper angles to get all the bolt holes aligned. It is a very tight fit and if everything isn't aligned properly there is no room for error. It is possible yours are off like my first set of d rings were, but after some work I determined the bolt holes were spot on I just had to push the fascia far enough down over the frame rails for it to fit. I hope some of that makes sense, I can post some pictures tomorrow that may help you if you need. Good luck!
Did you have to hammer and shape the frame? Or the fascia? Regardless, I have the problem like you had where the d-ring mount holes aren't lining up either. So, I'm pretty sure those will need to be replaced.

I did take a rubber mallet to the fascia, but it didn't help. I beat on the thing for two hours and never got anywhere.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Brightwhite
Did you have to hammer and shape the frame? Or the fascia? Regardless, I have the problem like you had where the d-ring mount holes aren't lining up either. So, I'm pretty sure those will need to be replaced. I did take a rubber mallet to the fascia, but it didn't help. I beat on the thing for two hours and never got anywhere.
I didn't have to hammer it to re shape anything I just needed to make the fascia sit farther down on the frame rails. Rubber hammer would be all that was needed in my case. Have you tried holding the d ring up to the fascia (outside of the frame rails) and making sure they will line up?

Quick Reply: Problems mounting EVO rear D-ring mounts and bumper fascia