Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problems with AEV Beadlock install?

Old 08-02-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with AEV Beadlock install?

Has anyone else had problems when installing the locking ring on the wheel.
There are only 4 or 5 of the 24 counter bores that a 1/4 drive socket will fit into when tightening the bolts. It was really frustrating trying to hold it at just the right angle to get enough bite to turn the bolt.
Am I doing something wrong?
I also had to order grade 8 bolts. There were only a few grade 8's that came with the 5 wheels that I ordered. I just didn't feel safe about using them, so I ordered some new ones from McMaster Carr.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any thin-wall sockets? Had to modify a socket for a friend of mines wheels once.

It seems odd that only some of the bolts were grade 8, why would they send some that are grade 8, but others that are not??
Old 08-02-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you didnt get grade 8 bolts with the wheel you also did not get the right washers. The washers provided are too small for the application and do not allow appropriate centering of the ring.

Last edited by Ryanc; 09-17-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Problems with AEV Beadlock install?