Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problems with 37x12.5?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yj_guy_007
My advice, because it is such a largeinvestment, is to do it right the first time. I went with 18x10 wheels with the 37x12.50R18 classic BFG MT's, and absolutely love them. They are an excellent tire, and love how they wear. Just my opinion

the only thing im worried about the BFGs is... i completely love them... but im worried that a 37x12.5 is gonna be a little to skinny looking from the front. Do you have any front or rear pics to see how hefty your jeeps stance is?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P Nasty
the only thing im worried about the BFGs is... i completely love them... but im worried that a 37x12.5 is gonna be a little to skinny looking from the front. Do you have any front or rear pics to see how hefty your jeeps stance is?
I really can't imagine the difference from the front between a 12.50 and 13.50 wide tire will be very noticable. There are all kind of factors as well such as wheel width, tire pressure etc that will make slight differences. If your really interested I can take a picture of my jeep front on with 12.50 wide tires on 8" wide wheels
Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
I really can't imagine the difference from the front between a 12.50 and 13.50 wide tire will be very noticable. There are all kind of factors as well such as wheel width, tire pressure etc that will make slight differences. If your really interested I can take a picture of my jeep front on with 12.50 wide tires on 8" wide wheels
yeah id love to see it!

its only 1 inch i know but sometimes i see jeeps that have tires that just look fat and im like DANG! and they are only 13.5 but the 12.5 i have no just look way skinny for some reason..
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by P Nasty
Check out the 37" tire thread in the SHOW AND TELL section. There are a ton of pics.

Here is a pic of mine.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Check out the 37" tire thread in the SHOW AND TELL section. There are a ton of pics.

Here is a pic of mine.
thanks man=D Yeah i love your jeep =D it was actually your bumper that inspired me from the show and tell section to pick up a new ARB front bumper this weekend

i have looked in the 37" thread but the problem is... most of the shots i am liking they dont put what width their tires are so i dont know if they are 12.5 or 13.5

thanks for the pic man! beautiful jeep
Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

The wider the tire, the worse it will follow the grooves in the road.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
Here are some poor quality pics, but they show 37x12.50 BFG's on 17x8.5 wheels...with a 6"lift. Hopefully it helps.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

that made my mind up =D and like he said 13.5 less controllable. Im set on 12.5 now

thanks guys for all the help finally i made my decision

and dude let me tell you. You have the sickest jeep i have ever seen. I dunno if you have an engine swap but either way, your jeep beasts orange crush a new butt whole

Quick Reply: Problems with 37x12.5?