Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

problem with teraflex leveling kit

Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about that I thought you were using a coil lift .
Old 07-31-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delgriffth
took a few more pics this morning once the sun came up. everything is 100% seated properly. swaybar link is REAL close on the drivers side maybe a 1/4". passenger side is more like 3/4" away. the only thing we didnt loosen during install was the trackbar. im not looking to assign blame i just want it right. any suggestions from experienced guys as to what my next step should be? is this normal and im just being anal? thanks
When installing mine I did not loosen anything, only removed the sway bar links. With that being said it might have something to do with you loosening your control arms. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

i tore the whole thing down again today nothing has changed. my passenger spring is still 1/4" or less away from sway bar link and drivers side is about 3/4 to 1". everything is seated properly. the only thing i can think of is an axle shift. though my measurement from hub to hub is perfect and my drivers side spring is straight as an arrow. if it didnt have 400 miles on it id leave it but being so new, im gonna have to take them out and try something different. ive read tons of posts with guys happy with this kit. however i did read a few posts with '10s and '11s having this problem. the only solution is to take them out go back to stock, if the problem goes away clearly its the kit and/or a chrysler change in '10 and '11 . please keep the suggestions coming because im stumped. thanks to all who have tried to help.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a 2010 vs 2011 issue. It's seems that every once in a while a jk pops up here with this issue. Adding a set of front adj. control arms wil help correct these issues. Teraflex suspects that some jks axle brackets are off. Did you happen to notice how close the were when it was stock?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for replying. i didnt pay much attention to how far away the stock swaybar link was from the spring. but i know my spring didnt bow like that before i added the spacers and sway bar links. im very puzzled by it as so many have had no issues. at this point my best option to to take them out, and either leave it stock or find another option. in this thread from 2010 if read all the way through is very similair though his was actually rubbing. the problem was solved by taking them out and leveling the jk with your coil leveling kit. i appreciate the help

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t-installation
Old 07-31-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Just installed this lift today and have the same outcome, except reverse. It's my drivers side end link that is closer to the spring. Not as close as yours, but definitely somewhat closer than the passenger side. Not close enough for me to pull it back apart however, so I'm pleased.

One thing I will say though, the supplied hardware for the upper end links are garbage. Snapped one in half while trying to torque it. Ended up replacing them with grade 8 hardware and torqued down with no issue.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Just installed this lift today and have the same outcome, except reverse. It's my drivers side end link that is closer to the spring. Not as close as yours, but definitely somewhat closer than the passenger side. Not close enough for me to pull it back apart however, so I'm pleased.

One thing I will say though, the supplied hardware for the upper end links are garbage. Snapped one in half while trying to torque it. Ended up replacing them with grade 8 hardware and torqued down with no issue.
thanks for posting bro, i thought i was going crazy. maybe we screwed something up maybe i have a defective axle etc. im taking mine out asap. good luck with yours. nice rig.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Delgriffth:
Any update as to what you did to remedy the problem?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delgriffth
thanks for posting bro, i thought i was going crazy. maybe we screwed something up maybe i have a defective axle etc. im taking mine out asap. good luck with yours. nice rig.
Just leave it in Mine has been like this since day one. It really isn't going to hurt anything as long as it doesn't touch the sway bar link.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed mine last Saturday. Just for the record I have a 2011 JKU with 500 miles on it. So after reading this thread just now I went out to measure (it's still on stands waiting for the tires and rims). My driver side link is about 5/8" from the coil and passenger is about 1 1/4". I didn't loosen anything just removed the links. I'm going to run em and see what's what for now. Well as soon as I get my new shoes that is. For what its worth I have pics under my profile

Quick Reply: problem with teraflex leveling kit