Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem with Superior Gears HELP!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Superior Gears HELP!!!

I bought Dana 44 gears for my rear diff on my 2008 JK. They are the 4.88 ratio and all the tech specs are correct on them.

The Pinion WON'T fit on the Yoke. The number of splines is correct but it just wont go! Im really freaking out because this truck is my daily driver.

I need to get in touch with David at Northridge because I bought the gears from him. It is probably just bad machining from the factory. In no way is this a negative statement towards Dave or Nothridge 4x4.

Dave if you see this PM me immediately or e-mail at haddadk03@yahoo.com. My name is Ken Haddad. You may even have a phone number on record. PLEASE HURRY!!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

X2 on calling him
Old 01-04-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

x3 on calling him
Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Also you do realize you have to regear the front to match. Hopefully. (if its a 4 wheel drive.)
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tambil68
Also you do realize you have to regear the front to match. Hopefully. (if its a 4 wheel drive.)
Of course I know that. The fronts worked fine. Thanks though.

Also thanks for the number!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you switch out your drive lines at the same time? I received a yoke from JE Reel that was a couple of thousandths too small to work. I had to get him to send me a new one... three weeks later. Of course it could be the pinion was machined wrong. Please keep us updated.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Why wouldn't you call the manufacturer (you didn't say what gears you bought - Superior?)

David always provides outstanding customer service, but he just sells the stuff and can't possibly be an expert on absolutely every item from every manufacturer that he sells. If I had a problem trying to install my Superior gears, I'd be on the phone with Superior to try to find out what's up, not David. That's like calling Best Buy to get instructions on how to use your new Canon digital camera.

Kudos to David for always taking these calls and helping his customers.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Once again Dave at Northridge 4x4 has been awesome! He set me up with the right guy at superior and they are sending me a brand new gear set. Thanks Dave! Awesome business practices.

Quick Reply: Problem with Superior Gears HELP!!!