Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem Removing CCV Hose When Installing Banks CAI

Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Removing CCV Hose When Installing Banks CAI

I recently purchased a Banks Ram Air kit for my '10 Sahara. Install looks easy and straightforward except for removing the CCV hose from the stock air box. The instructions say to remove the hose by unlocking the spring clamp but on mine it is just a very tightly fitted hose that doesn't seem to want to budge--no clamp to remove. I tried a bit if force but wasn't comfortable going to far without asking the forum.

Any ideas? I'm sure this will be chalked up in the list of dumb questions as there is likely some very simple answer.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did mine two weeks ago, just give a big twist! Remember when putting clamps on to put the up easier on the hands. Also be careful with sensor, getting rubber off old one was a little stressful but nothing a razor knife couldn't handle!!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, man. Good to know it just needs a little elbow grease and not something more. How do you like it so far? I also installed the 87 Octane tune on my new Superchips this weekend. That made a very noticeable difference in the way it drives
Old 02-13-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did both in Houston on my way back from San Antonio to Florida. On the trip out I was getting 13mpg and immediately I got 19mpg on I-10 coming home. I'm averaging 16.5 to 18 here going to and from work!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

How did install go?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the banks ram air for about 2 weeks now also, love the way it sounds and a noticeable get up in power. I will be putting on their cat back this weekend so hopefully just adds more!!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let me know how that goes!! I'm looking at it now, wondering if there's any actual gain other that exhaust tone!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mcflurry301
I have had the banks ram air for about 2 weeks now also, love the way it sounds and a noticeable get up in power. I will be putting on their cat back this weekend so hopefully just adds more!!
Cat back?? Did you get it on yet? How's it running?

Quick Reply: Problem Removing CCV Hose When Installing Banks CAI