Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem with Quadratec Q9500is Winch

Old 08-15-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydog
Have the same problem hook is a most white
I flip the hook over every couple of weeks so the fade is the same on both sides. It looks like Quadratec used kids finger paint to finish the winch.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambo JK
I purchased the Quadratec Q9500is Winch back in late February and my first impression of this unit was that it was very nice. The winch works perfect every time I have used it and I don't have any complaints there. Where the problem began was not even two months after I installed the Q9500is the stickers for the model number, warning label, free spool started fading really bad along with the paint finish. I called Quadratec and they said they have never heard of the paint finish fading and couldn't do anything about that, but they sent me new stickers free of charge. Gee.. Thanks.. Now I have pretty new stickers on a faded winch so basically just polished a turd. So once again two months later I have faded stickers again. Even the hook on the winch cable faded from bright yellow to almost white, like a dog turd in the sun.

Are any of you guys running this winch on your Jeep? Does it look this bad?
I have the same winch and I purchased mine around the same time and it
Looks like crap. That being said I called Quadratec and they shipped me a new winch to replace it. They said the paint was not the best and the problem had been addressed.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stangmike1
I have the same winch and I purchased mine around the same time and it Looks like crap. That being said I called Quadratec and they shipped me a new winch to replace it. They said the paint was not the best and the problem had been addressed.
I'll have to give them a call again.

Quick Reply: Problem with Quadratec Q9500is Winch