Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem with Daystar Upper Dash Panel

Old 06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Daystar Upper Dash Panel

Anyone else having problems with their Daystar upper dash panel staying clipped down on the front (windshield) side?

I put the clips from the factory panel on as instructed, and they fell off into the dash. So I ordered clips using the part number provided by Daystar and they don't hold for s#$%.

So for now my panel looks like this.

Any ideas??
Old 06-16-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Got the same problem and buggin the hell out of me. All I can think of is wedge'n something in the hole in the dash. I'll keep playin with it and let you know if I find anything that works.

Brian
Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

I had to bend the clips a bit so they gripped onto the dash better. Stays put now.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried bending the clips. Then they broke. Then I bought more. And they broke too. The Parts guy knows me as the "Dash Clip Guy."
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Have had mine about a year, was careful with the clips from past experience... but it works fine, no problems, however if i put my cell or other metallic objects in the front slot the compass goes haywire

Last edited by m&mjkx; 06-16-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

i had the same problem at first but i just pounded it down a little and it snapped in place, idk why you would have that problem if u have the right clips, if that doesnt work i would try, to drill though the peace but find a spot looks like u could drill into i think the edges under the dash have a metal peace that u can screw it to just screw it down but dont hit any wires best suggestion i can give u man good luck
Old 06-20-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emt_micah
Anyone else having problems with their Daystar upper dash panel staying clipped down on the front (windshield) side?

I put the clips from the factory panel on as instructed, and they fell off into the dash. So I ordered clips using the part number provided by Daystar and they don't hold for s#$%.

So for now my panel looks like this.

Any ideas??
Do you happen to have the part number for those clips? I lost mine as well, and its bugging me too!!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pulling the front of the dash apart is very simple. Pull your daystar off and then pull the front of the dash loose clear down to the console, it's a combination of bolts and clips like you have on your daystar. If need be pull your radio out so you can find the clips. As stated before, give em a little pinch and reinstall on daystar. It should just snap in place. I have had my daystar for a year or so and have had it off and on a dozen times easy with no problems.

Quick Reply: Problem with Daystar Upper Dash Panel