Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem with Airraid??

Old 04-27-2007, 04:03 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I won't be getting a aftermarket intake. Iv had them on previous vehicles and can't stand the noise. I also don't think they do much of anything besides throttle responce. Just my opinion tho.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEV
This is why I won't be getting a aftermarket intake. Iv had them on previous vehicles and can't stand the noise. I also don't think they do much of anything besides throttle responce. Just my opinion tho.
I'm partial to my AIRAID, and am therefore biased, but I swear I got at least a 1 MPG improvement over stock, and the throttle response is much more satisfying now. Even if you didn't get either of the aforementioned benefits, the sound alone (not the whistling, but the "snarl") is worth it IMHO.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TEV
it might not give you much different throttle response on certain car (i did this on my 2 previous car, and the results were so-so), but on JK, it's a NOTICABLE difference....
Old 07-19-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default air raid whistling

I took mine off due to the whistle. and then put it back on yesterday. I missed the growl. Anyway. Now I know its a normal thing. Should have looked here before i took it off the first time.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I'm partial to my AIRAID, and am therefore biased, but I swear I got at least a 1 MPG improvement over stock, and the throttle response is much more satisfying now. Even if you didn't get either of the aforementioned benefits, the sound alone (not the whistling, but the "snarl") is worth it IMHO.
Unreal because I feel exactly the same way about EVERYTHING you said...!!!

Quick Reply: Problem with Airraid??