Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem after axle swap

Old 09-11-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Ok looks like there is a draglink flip involved here as well. Let us know how it is after the alignment is done.
you know I was thinking about that drag link. It was in the bottom of the knuckle on the donor jeep. Just like factory. So is this drag link longer? Or angled different maybe? Or should it go on top of the knuckle instead of the bottom?!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok looks like there is a draglink flip involved here as well. Let us know how it is after the alignment is done.
i just did some research and I have the basic st kit that doesent come with the high steer arm. It's this kit without the high steer arm. The jack base and pro cal box. So hopefully the drive line shop can straighten it out.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put the stabilizer on. No more death wobble. Alignment and a programmer and my issues should be gone
Old 09-12-2016, 06:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The stabilizer will only mask the problem, you need to find out what is wrong and fix it or the death wobble will just come back later and likely be worse.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The stabilizer will only mask the problem, you need to find out what is wrong and fix it or the death wobble will just come back later and likely be worse.
it was the stabilizer and alignment. Just had it aligned at the local 4x4 shop. Bought a programmer there too. Fixed most of my shifting issues. I have a bad wheel sensor in the back right. Drives strait and smooth but the traction and abs lights are on due to the sensor. I'm learning these jks. The alignment guy also said if the axle isn't center and the steering wheel isn't center it will mess with the traction control too because there is a censor on the steering wheel that goes with the traction control.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I found out today you can't put auto lockers in 2012-2014 wranglers. When you turn a corner both wheels turn at the same speed and your computer thinks you're sliding. So traction control and limp mode kicks in and won't shift out of first until you turn it off and back on. I wish I would have know this.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VitaminLee
So I found out today you can't put auto lockers in 2012-2014 wranglers. When you turn a corner both wheels turn at the same speed and your computer thinks you're sliding. So traction control and limp mode kicks in and won't shift out of first until you turn it off and back on. I wish I would have know this.
Well that sucks. Check your programmer. There maybe a way to set up the TC so the Grizzly doesn't affect. The Eaton is electric activated by switch so that should be fine.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well that sucks. Check your programmer. There maybe a way to set up the TC so the Grizzly doesn't affect. The Eaton is electric activated by switch so that should be fine.
I saw on some other forums that there is a wire you can cut under the console to disable the esp. I wonder if that will give me drivability until I find a better solution.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a "key dance" you do that completely disables it. Also, your auto locker shouldn't have both wheels spinning through turns unless you're running a spool.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lemme get this straight. You traded your almost brand new stock axles from a 2014, for axles that you know nothing about, are 6 years older, probably have 100,000 miles, and have lockers so they have probably been beat on?

That sounds like a huge risk, I hope you didnt give him money.

The steering stabilizer did not fix your death wobble. The worn components you just installed and a needed alignment are likely the root of the issue.

This would be really really hilarious and unfortunate, but you sure the rear isnt lincoln locked?

Last edited by TweakJK; 09-12-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Problem after axle swap