Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Problem with AEV Procal.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received my procal and went to programming my jeep. I couldn't get the day time running lights to work, so I attempted to do a reset but received 4 flashes then 2 which means vehicle ID issue. Well I then tried to program a different feature and now I continue to get same error codes. What can i do to fix this?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

New Jeep? If it was previously owned it could be paired with another Procal.
If both are new then I would contact the place you purchased it from and get it straightened out.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

It started out doing what it was supposed too when you program it, but when I couldn't get the day time running lights to work, I tried resetting it to start all over. It then started giving me error messages. I looked on here and found that the e brake had to be off and Jeep in gear for lights to come on. I went out and tried that and it works. I then tried a different program and it still gives the same error code. I can't change anything or reset now.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

That does sound strange. Maybe disconnecting the battery for a minute will help, but that is a guess and a long shot. Sounds like the Procal itself needs to be " cleared" or reset somehow.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, I will call AEV tomorrow and hopefully someone in tech support can square me away.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangled
That does sound strange. Maybe disconnecting the battery for a minute will help, but that is a guess and a long shot. Sounds like the Procal itself needs to be " cleared" or reset somehow.
We've had problems like that and we did a reset then disconnected the battery to start over. This process seemed to work but it's a PITA...good value for the programmer but not the easiest to use because of all the dip switch settings you have to set. I'd try the reset then remove battery and start over...if that doesn't work call AEV for support.

Quick Reply: Problem with AEV Procal.