Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp Xterrain vs Duratracs (my first jeep)

Old 12-31-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro comp tires

i have the pro comp xtreme mud tires. i bought 5 during a buy 3 get 1 free deal. i have not really had them off road much, but on the road performance seems good. they are not very loud as i was expecting from a mud terrain tire. i have 1.5 spider spacers due to the tires rubbing some without the spacers (during deep turns). overall im satisfied with the tires road mannerism and the little mud i have been in, ive never had to lock it in 4wheel drive. but when i look at the tread of the tires, i would think they may be more suitable for rocks.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rebelchris
i have the pro comp xtreme mud tires. i bought 5 during a buy 3 get 1 free deal. i have not really had them off road much, but on the road performance seems good. they are not very loud as i was expecting from a mud terrain tire. i have 1.5 spider spacers due to the tires rubbing some without the spacers (during deep turns). overall im satisfied with the tires road mannerism and the little mud i have been in, ive never had to lock it in 4wheel drive. but when i look at the tread of the tires, i would think they may be more suitable for rocks.
The Xtreme M/T's you have are great all-around tires. They're a bit more aggressive than the Duratracs so they'll be a bit noisier on-road and won't last quite as long, but they're a very well-rounded tire, one which I prefer to almost every other mud-terrain tire. And don't let the ProComp name influence your opinion: they're made by Cooper, just as Dick Cepek and Mickey Thompson tires are. Their 3-ply sidewalls will be tougher than the Duratracs so for more hardcore offroad use, they may be a better choice, especially considering their more aggressive lug pattern. However, the Duratracs are quieter, smoother, and longer-lasting as a daily driver, and they will perform better in snow and wet roads due to their larger number of tread blocks and many times more sipes.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the Duratracs for a few months now and they are superb. Very quiet on the highway, nice grip and performance off road, and they look great.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Can some of you guys post some pictures if the duratracs want to see a side view I have a 2014 billet with savegre rims thinking of going with duratracs
Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have had my procomp mt2 xtremes for a few days now. Seem fine on road with only a little whistle and in deep snow and some rock piles... Holy crap they hook up. Mine are 315/70/17s
Old 03-10-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

I have had both tires, and you choice would depend on what you do with the jeep. if you dont really go the xterrain is more geared for off road and adverse terrain and the duratrac is more geared for on road and adverse weather.
Xterrains were great for me on my rubicon when I had them but I have duratracs on my daily driver grand cherokee

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Xterrain vs Duratracs (my first jeep)