Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp Wheel Knight-Chrome Finish

Old 05-14-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp Wheel Knight-Chrome Finish

Has anyone seen the Procomp Knight-Chrome Finish in person? I am very interested in this finish. At first glance i think they look to be similar in color to the AEV argent.

Pictures on any vehicle would be great.

Thanks!

http://www.procomptires.com/pxa9001.html
Old 05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes infact thats what I plan on putting on my silver rubicon once I get it. If you go to http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT246539.aspx they have them for $272.99 for a 17x9, 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern; Backspace = 4.75 in.; Hub Centric = No; Max Load = 2200lbs; Offset = -6.6mm; Finish = Black Chrome

Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 9001 - Knight Chrome

Old 05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

What does "Hub Centric = No" mean? Do Jeeps require hub centric rings when using tuner wheels like most all foreign cars? Just curious if "Hub Centric = No" was a good thing for JK's, thanks!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HatchetMan
What does "Hub Centric = No" mean? Do Jeeps require hub centric rings when using tuner wheels like most all foreign cars? Just curious if "Hub Centric = No" was a good thing for JK's, thanks!
Some hubs require "Hub Centric" Rings to allow for a better tighter fit these rims do not require them. Hence "Hub Centric = No" so yes that is a good thing.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

they are kewl, but for the money, I like the pintler beadlocks. One of the few wheels that is cast to be a beadlock rather than the cut -n-weld method. But great looking wheels. Just my .02
Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by low4life
Some hubs require "Hub Centric" Rings to allow for a better tighter fit these rims do not require them. Hence "Hub Centric = No" so yes that is a good thing.
Exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hub centric = no would mean they are not hub centric and would be recommended to run spacer rings to prevent shaking/vibrations.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I got to see the Argent Pintlers mounted side by side with the Knight Chromes.

Both look awesome!!, but I just didn't want any bling at all for my Jeep. The Knight Chrome has some flash to it. Not saying anything bad about it, but I just wanted a more muted look.

There is another wheel I really like as well, but it was unavailable when I mounted the Pintlers. It's the ProComp 7028

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...5&partID=15617

Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by low4life
Yes infact thats what I plan on putting on my silver rubicon once I get it. If you go to http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT246539.aspx they have them for $272.99 for a 17x9, 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern; Backspace = 4.75 in.; Hub Centric = No; Max Load = 2200lbs; Offset = -6.6mm; Finish = Black Chrome

Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 9001 - Knight Chrome

OK THIS IS A WARNING....If you order the Knight Chrome Wheels, SPECIALLY if you order them from 4wheel parts, DO NOT sign for them until you unwrap the palet and check that they all MATCH, as you see my sig I had trouble with them....I talked directly with procomp and according to them different batches come out different, darker/lighter.....4wheelparts refused to do anything about it because I had signed for the wheels
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the pro comp knight khrome wheels and i love the look of them...i am also on my second set because the original set the finish peeled off every wheel around the tire..they were replaced no questions asked but it took 11 wheels to match the correct shade, even though they all had the same part number..my new ones are holding up perfect..

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Wheel Knight-Chrome Finish