Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp vs. TeraFlex (2.5 Coil Lift)

Old 12-31-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had procomp on another jeep, rust quickly and the ride is horrible
Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PagosaGlen
I spoke with Joe from Teraflex the other day for about a half an hour. Great guy and very helpful. I am somewhat surprised by you referenced him by name, I just thought he was one of many tech reps. Who is he?
Joe has done for TeraFlex what David has done for Northridge. Way in the upper echelon of customer service and a genuinely nice guy. For the most part, these are to 2 guys I deal with for my JK. Not that I have any problems with anyone else, my preference is I like to do business with people that I've built a relationship with over the build of my jeep.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Customer Service

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Joe has done for TeraFlex what David has done for Northridge. Way in the upper echelon of customer service and a genuinely nice guy. For the most part, these are to 2 guys I deal with for my JK. Not that I have any problems with anyone else, my preference is I like to do business with people that I've built a relationship with over the build of my jeep.
There is absolutely no substitute for great customer service. The businesses that provide it get my disposable income.

I have not dealt with Northridge yet, but it looks like I am going to start right after the New Year.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

You'll love the TF hardware and they back it up with solid customer service. As far as resellers go, Northridge is hard to beat on price and service.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyJeep75
Go with Teraflex out of solidarity! I was on the same fence but ended up ordering Teraflex from Northridge for 620 shipped.

There are just too many "I love Teraflex" posts to ignore. There arent a lot of "I hate Pro Comp" but I've seen two or three posts about Pro Comp and so far they have been "The ride isnt THAT stiff" and then the one posted above. So, there ya have it.

I'll admit that my wallet cringes still from the sting of the order, but I'll probably be more satisfied in the end.
Curious on how satisfied you have been with your TF lift? Did you go with a 2.5" with springs and shocks? I just went to 4WP and they quoted me 4200 installed with 35" tires.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKMigs

Curious on how satisfied you have been with your TF lift? Did you go with a 2.5" with springs and shocks? I just went to 4WP and they quoted me 4200 installed with 35" tires.
That seems pretty high. The basic 2.5" coil lift isn't very difficult to install and shouldn't cost much. You would probably be better off ordering from Northridge and bringing it somewhere for an install. Definitely shop around. My 35s and lift cost $2800. Lift was used and installed at friends house. But still no where near $4200.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp vs. TeraFlex (2.5 Coil Lift)