Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp tires experiences? Quadratec buy 3 get 1 free rebate

Old 10-04-2011, 03:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had 2 sets of Xterrains and 1 set of muds and were very happy with all 3. Worked very well on and off road. Had zero problems with them. I would still be running them had they not discontinues the 37x13.50-15 Xterrain. Or, I would love the muds in that size as well but they simply don't make them.

Great tires.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran a set of the Xtreme AT's on my 2008 and they seemed to wear funny, so I took them back to the tire shop and the sales man gave me some pitch about them being the only ProComp tires made in China, but the rest of the ProComp line was made by Cooper (don't know how true this is but I bought his idea anyhow). So he talked me into buying the Xtreme MT's and filling a mileage claim on the Xtreme AT's because I didn't get 40K out of them. I got a little money back and was happy that I got out of a Chinese built tire and on to something Cooper made. In my $.02 I would say stay away from the Xtreme AT, but other than that I liked my Xtreme MT's its a pretty good tire.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rockbouncer
I ran a set of the Xtreme AT's on my 2008 and they seemed to wear funny, so I took them back to the tire shop and the sales man gave me some pitch about them being the only ProComp tires made in China, but the rest of the ProComp line was made by Cooper (don't know how true this is but I bought his idea anyhow). So he talked me into buying the Xtreme MT's and filling a mileage claim on the Xtreme AT's because I didn't get 40K out of them. I got a little money back and was happy that I got out of a Chinese built tire and on to something Cooper made. In my $.02 I would say stay away from the Xtreme AT, but other than that I liked my Xtreme MT's its a pretty good tire.
I'm having the same problem with my Xtreme AT's 37x12.5x17, they wear uneven and cup on the front before the backs have a chance to even out. I had the front end checked and it's good. I have been rotating them about every 2,000-3,000 miles since new. (at first sign of cupping or vibration).

They have about 30,000 miles on them and I'm just living with them untill they wear out completely. Never again, I know it sounds like a good deal (4 for the price of three) thats my .02 cents.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh wow thanks for the heads up, guys. Looks like I'll be stick the MTs if I pull the trigger.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ran the XMT's on my last 2 trucks. They chunked out pretty quick from Moab. I rotated every 6K on them, and they did not last long. I had tread seperation on one of them. ...which they would warranty out, but would not match the tread depth of the worn in tires. They were also back ordered for two months and were not sure if the size would come back or not. So I swapped out to BFG's again. I wuill never run these again on one of my rigs. ...even if they were free. lol.

The XAT's were better for wearing, however when you rotate them, it's front to back only since they are a dirrectional tire OR you had to flip them on the rim. Not a huge deal, but something to consider. These did OK off road. A little more aggressive than the BFG AT and seemed to clean out better in the mud than the bfg AT. These did well in the snow/ ice for me also. The wear on these were OK. You have to stay on top of them or they will cup just like any other tire though. I think I could have gotten 35K out of them with wheel'n. Sold the truck, so was not sure how long they went with the previous owner. I would run these again.

BFG is the route I'm going on this build. BFG AT's for winter months and KM2's for the wheel'n season.

Keep an eye on those buy 3 get one free deals. I have seen those type of deals on PC tires get the prices raised and ends up being a small % off retail price. You can normally find deals that are very close to that without the buy 3 get one free.

I'm sure there are vendors on here who can get you hooked up on all brands of tires.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sounds like I'm just gonna stick with BFG. I have to anyway b/c instead of getting the tires, I made a deal in the sale section and got a gen 1 ripp supercharger!!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha buying it is one thing.. now installing it.. hmm..

Quick Reply: Pro Comp tires experiences? Quadratec buy 3 get 1 free rebate