Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp tires experiences? Quadratec buy 3 get 1 free rebate

Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp tires experiences? Quadratec buy 3 get 1 free rebate

Quadratec is having this mail in rebate where you buy 4 and get 1 free. I'm tempted to take advantage of this but have always been a BF goodrich guy. How do the pro comp tires compare to the tires I have (the bf goodrich mtr)?

Here's a link to the tires available on the site: http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/featured_products/

Just click on the pro comp link, the original link was too ridiulously long to post.

Last edited by Lone Wolf 87; 10-03-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Bfg doesn't make the mtr but I'm a bit skeptic of pro comp tires, I'm stuck with name brand, reputable tire people. Bfg, cooper, interco, etc.

And your title and thread don't match. Is it buy 3 or 4?
Oh I thought mtr stood for mud terrain?? Or not haha?? Quadratec states it's buy 3 get 1 free, but the info on the rebate says you have to buy all 4 first and mail in the rebate to get the 4th for free. Tricky.. tricky.. not to discredit quadratec cause I love those guys and ALWAYS order my stuff from them.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/time...o/102/form.pdf
Old 10-03-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

The deal is buy three (actually pay for 4) and you get a reimbursement check for the fourth 6weeks later. So you can buy 5 and still get one free. I was looking at this but went with MTRk's instead because they stopped making certain tires in the 37 inch size which is what I was looking for.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Bfg doesn't make the mtr but I'm a bit skeptic of pro comp tires, I'm stuck with name brand, reputable tire people. Bfg, cooper, interco, etc.

And your title and thread don't match. Is it buy 3 or 4?

i could be wrong but i think pro comps are made by cooper tire. i have had a set of their all terrains and the extreme all terrains and had no issues with them. they were great tires and lasted aas long as advertised.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by roxj

i could be wrong but i think pro comps are made by cooper tire. i have had a set of their all terrains and the extreme all terrains and had no issues with them. they were great tires and lasted aas long as advertised.
Yes they are. Cooper also makes tires for pep boys under their own label and they are junk....
Old 10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

I had some 33" Pro Comp Mud Terrain's on a YJ I used to have. They were great tires. Wore like iron. Indistinguishable from the BGF'd I had on there before.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cooper makes ProComp, so there's your name brand!! I have had the ProComp Xtreme M/T's for over a year now, and going on 17,000 miles.. The tread is still good (50%-75%), they work great in the snow, and the mud is no problem for them obviously.. On-road, they do well.. There is a little hum on the asphalt, but they are suprisingly quiet for an M/T.. All in all, I would recommend them, especially with that rebate.. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been reading a lot of good things about the xtreme mud terrains and with that rebate i might just pull the trigger. How do these compare to the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar and the BFG mud terrain? I'm happy with how my BFG mud terrains (the ones that came stock on the rubicon) have been performing on the trails and mud I go through. I've just been wanting to upgrade to 35s. It's also my daily driver and sees a variety of driving from highway to city driving. Can I run 35s stock height? I was told I'd need wheel spacers or newer rims with the proper backspacing. As far as the lift goes, I like the stuffed tire look and haven't had any problems on the trails so far. I have 410 gears and was told that these would suffice with a manual transmission.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't speak for any other tire than the stock SRA's that came on my X, but I have no complaints.. Yeah, the stock tires made no noise, and my mpg was better with them, but that's the price you pay!! I would also read reviews regarding the ProComp Xtreme A/T's.. The only reason I did not get them is because I was buying 33's and wanted them to look more agressive/bigger, being that I was not lifting it at the same time.. Many people have reviewed the A/T's and loved them.. Like I said earlier, take a shot w/ ProComp if you're getting a good deal!!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Can't comment on the procomp MT's, but I ran a set of 35" procomp AT's. Street and trail, didn't notice much difference between them and 35" bfg at's. Snow and ice, the procomps were a bit better.

There was a great deal on 40" xterrains a while back, so hopefully some of the guys that picked them up will post. (planman was one, I think?)

Quick Reply: Pro Comp tires experiences? Quadratec buy 3 get 1 free rebate