Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp Tires

Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp Tires

Anyone else have a bad experience with ProComp tires? I have Extreme M/T on my ride - and after 1 serious trail... they are more chunked up than my BFGs were after 5 years. Couple of the complete lugs have been torn off - with metal showing. They have about 8k miles on them... With a name like Extreme M/T I would have expected better... Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

I've got their MT's and have the same problem. Mine was caused from my tires rubbing my front bumper while flexed. My biggest problem with these tires is trying to get them balanced.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the X A/Ts and like them very much. Good both on and offroad. I have almost 20k on them and they're less than half worn.

The X M/Ts are good for an M/T on the road, but they are relatively soft. Any soft mud tire is going to lose chunks on the rocks or from heavy highway use.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Ive got the Xtreme A/T's as well, havent had any problems with them, Im actually selling my 35's to go to another size
Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pro Comp Tires

I have mud terrains. Only had them on since sat so my opinion is useless at this point. But I love.em so far!!!

Sent from my Droid
Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I've had my regular MT's for about 2 years. No issues yet. They are wearing well and I figure I have lots of miles left on them. I usually ride trails, sand and dirt/mud, no rocks yet so I can't speak for how they do in the hard stuff.

They've been good tires but they suck on icy winter highways, which is obvious but I figured I'd mention it.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the M/T's in a 37". They do tend to chunck a little, but not nearly as bad as the Cooper STT's (both are made by Cooper) I had before.

Overall I will say they are the best riding and handling tire I have ran, and exceptional in hydroplaning situations. Mine balanced out easily.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

I have ran two sets of Xterrains and never had a chunking problem, sold my last set to a guy in town and he still is running them.. I bought them almost three years ago.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Tires