Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro Comp Tires

Old 06-18-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp Tires

I have read a few things here and there about Pro Comp Tires and was wondering what the truth is. Are they decent tires or not? Anyone had a personal experience with them? I have a chance to get 5 for a decent price and want to know before buying. The tires are 325/60R-18, Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain Radials. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

i have the same tires in 17inch 33's and i am VERY happy with them much better than the stockers in all but fresh wet asphault(its oily in texas after it rains) they come with a 40k warrantee if you buy them from pro-comp, so that speaks for itself.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Pro Comp Mud extremes are an awesome tire.....I loved mine when I ran them in 35's....I reason I didnt go with them again in 37's, was cause they didn't make one 13.5 wide....and i got a smokin deal on the Toyo's....

The procomps kick ass on the wet or dry rocks, I found them great in snow, I totally loved them.....you will be happy....go for it
Old 06-18-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the all the info!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really liked my XAT's I just wanted bigger more aggressive tires so I went with IROKS. Unless you plan on driving in deep wet snow or thick mud they should work great for you...
Old 06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Pro Comp Nice tire

I have owned a set of metric sized equivilant to a 37". However, I was not running them on my JK, they were on a Ford F-350 Superduty 1 ton 4x4. The tires lasted forever, when I sold the truck I had over 20K miles on the set with plenty of tread remaining and I think the new owner kept them for quite bit longer. The Xtremes were a fairly quiet tire for being such an aggressive pattern. The offroad shop that mounted and balanced said it was the one tire that they consistently use very little to no weights to balance them. I am a huge fan of BFG KM2 and Krawlers now, but I have had some issues with a few needing far too much weight to balance and have ended up placing the tire as a spare. Back to the Xtremes....I know many people have slammed the tires and/or company for making cheap stuff, I cannot speak on that since my one experience with ProComp is positive.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Want Pro Comp but don't like the sizes offered

I will be doing the tire thing at the end of summer and would LOVE the Pro Comps but I don't like the sizes they offer. I have the Dick Cepek DC-1 rims and really don't want to run 13.8 width tires! I wish they made a 305/65/18 like BFGoodrich. I just think 13.8 is a little wide?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm on my 2nd set of 285/75/R16 All-Terrain Pro Comp tires, and they've worked fine for me. Great daily driver tire, lasted me over 60k miles (rotated regularly), and performs great in snow/slush, dirt roads, and occasional trail climbing.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

I went and purchased the tires today, and they're already on the Jeep! So far so good, my ride has improved greatly and the tires are also very aggressive looking. They are about an inch shorter than the Toyo's I had on there, but they still look great. Again thanks for all the help!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiawahgolf
I will be doing the tire thing at the end of summer and would LOVE the Pro Comps but I don't like the sizes they offer. I have the Dick Cepek DC-1 rims and really don't want to run 13.8 width tires! I wish they made a 305/65/18 like BFGoodrich. I just think 13.8 is a little wide?

I would advise against the XAT in that combo.... I ran the 305x65x17 and could only imagine how hard it would be with 18 rims..

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Tires