Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro comp stage one lift

Old 07-12-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also had a lifted jeep. Makes me laugh when people bitch about ride quality after lifted.
I understand the concept of you get what you pay for. Was just wondering why I would need all the extra things of stage two and up if I don't crawl.
I never said I was an expert on lifted jks, which is why I asked for help in the first place. I did read the stickies and as informative as they may be; I don't subscribe to the theory of stuffed jeeps.
I prefer riding high, that's why I lift. In DD situations is nice to see ahead of traffic, and I'm not too fussy on shaving the fenders as the 5-0 are pretty sticky of wheel coverage/mudflaps.
RCX lifts are cheap and it shows. I thought they were doing a good thing bringing prices down until I had one installed. When you can feel the crossbrace twisting due to cheapness of product on normal driving, it's time to call her a day.
But it seems no one is a fan of this PC stage one lift, so I will keep saving for something bigger and better.
Thanks for your help fellas.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Just as a personal preference, but I like taller lifts also. My point wasn't that you CAN'T go with a 4" for 35's. (that's what I ran for several years before finally going up to 37's.) Just that you should consider the problems that many others here have run in to, and have a idea of what you will do if/when you break something or find out that your 'complete' lift isn't so complete.

The stickies go over things like caster. As you lift, the pinion tilts up, the caster goes down, the steering gets flighty. It's automatic, no way around it, and it is something you will feel for the 99% of your time onroad - not the 1% of your time offroad. At 4", you will want some form of correction, right? So which form of caster correction comes with the stage 1? At 4", the trackbar and draglink run at much steeper angles. Which components in the stage 1 handle that? Is it a concern for you? How about roll center, is that a concern for you? if so, which components in that kit deal with it?

So again, my point was simply to do a little research so that you can make a more informed decision.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thank you.
Everything you have brought up makes perfect sense.
I just figured 90% of those high end lifts were built with the intent of rock crawling I desert wheeling.
I've been reading a lot online. It really isn't complete.
The low price tag intrigued me. Guess I'll just have to wait longer to save up for a decent teraflex kit.
Thanks again to everyone for your input.

Quick Reply: Pro comp stage one lift