Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro-Comp SHocks

Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with my sky jacker 2.5 lift. My rear shock on driver side keeps falling out.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are the shocks Skyjacker? Which bushing? Maybe some aftermarket bushings. Check and see if you can tell if the bushings are being cut.
Good luck..
Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just for information:: I was told that the Pro Comp shocks did indeed have a bad batch of bushings, this could apply to other brands as well. So if you have had problems with the Pro Comp you might be able to recoup any costs for new bushings you may have had..
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Default back in the shop again

Pro Comp MX6 (begining to think "6" is how many times you have to return to shop to have bushings replaced), front upper bushings were destroyed after 100 miles and now rear lower bushings and shocks destroyed after 900 miles.

on the front they replaced with poly bushings but think they are going to just replace the rear shocks.

worried they will need poly too? anyone have MX6 shocks that bushings have not gone bad?

Arg
Old 09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

On the front shocks was it both upper bushings? With the replacement of the shocks you should be good to go, they had the recall and now the bushings are "good".
Old 09-10-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

Default recall

Originally Posted by sandman
On the front shocks was it both upper bushings? With the replacement of the shocks you should be good to go, they had the recall and now the bushings are "good".
yep - they are having a 'silent' recall - also need to watch out if your lower bushings were completely destroyed, and the shocks were jamming on the pin. a chewed up pin will chew the rubber off a new bushing in no time.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well DARN, just went to check out the rear shocks and the lower bushings are totally messed up.. After a call they are supposed to be sending new bushings, I might just opt for a different brand of shocks. The man I bought the system from did say it was a "Silent" recall, I said it was not "Silent" anymore because it has been put on the Internet. I did check the fronts and they seem to be OK.
I sure hope that anyone who has Pro Comp shocks pays close attention to them, I am going to be checking mine every week..
Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Funny, my Bilstein 5100's, or 7100's, never had this problem...

That sucks guys. Sure, any maker can get a bad batch of a part, and by the time they find out...the parts are on trucks already...it happens.

Too bad its US that have to be the Rabbits for this test though.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wanna trade???? I too have had Bilsteins on most all my vehicles and they are great.
I know that anyone can get a bad batch from a supplier I just wish they had believed me when I told them at Pro Comp that the bushings were bad. I am a patient person and I shall stay what way, for a while..
Being the rabbit is not always fun is it?? I have to put it back together again and go to the dealer to get the parts and return home to install them. I might be able to talk them into installing them for me. Do you know if the lower bushings have to be pressed on?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bumping an old one here................

Just noticed that the lower bushings are GONE on ALL 4 MX6 shocks, as in MISSING!

about 6k miles on them but really?

Called Pro Comp and they are sending me new ones...................

Quick Reply: Pro-Comp SHocks