Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pro-Comp SHocks

Old 08-10-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photo's?

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
I had the same problem with my kit and came to the same solution. I've lost one of the originals on all four shocks, so I replaced all six of them with Energy Suspensions bushings. No problems since...

They are 5/8" Shock bushings, FWIW.
does anyone have photo's of this?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
does anyone have photo's of this?
I'll try to crawl under there tomorrow if it stops raining for long enough to do so, but there really isn't much to see. They look exactly the same. I think I still have one of the bad ones in the compartment in the back, so I'll try to grab a shot of it as well.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you want a photo of??
I guess tomorrow will be the tell, I hope to get the taller shocks and put them on. You can bet I will hit the Gap ASAP to test them out, I now have a real concern about the front shocks since I was given the incorrect ones for the rear.
Hope everyone has their problem worked out.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, still waiting for my shocks... I was told that someone failed to ship but they would be going out today, oh joy..
I was also told that it was either the shock too short or the bushings were a bad batch. I opt for the bad bushings, I have never had a bushing go bad and totally tear away from the shock. So here I sit waiting patiently for shocks so I can play with my new toy, total bummer.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Shocks were installed, third set that have gone bad. I have no idea what it could be, the bushing just comes apart that is it splits in the middle. I am supposed to be getting new bushings Monday and the seller is going to install them. Needless to say I am totally bummed at this whole affair.
Guess I had better get out and hit a couple golf balls and take some stress off..
Old 08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

I no longer buy Pro Comp stuff. 3 bad shocks, bad steering stabilizer, chuncks off tire.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I am following in your footsteps. I am giving them one last chance and then I am taking it all off and returning it to them. I have run Tera Flex in the past and I will return to them.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shocks "repaired" with new bushings by the vendor. Three days and no problems, when they installed the bar that goes through the bushing the tech saw that it had a couple sharp edges so he ground them down. Maybe when they were installed at the factory they cut the bushing just a bit and eventually they gave out. If these fail then it's on to Bilsteins.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am having same problem. Had 4wd install procomp 4" lift and a week later the right rear lower bushing has failed......
Old 08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Small world.... Mine were the uppers, I have heard of a few others who have had bushings fail, fronts included so watch them. Also I got mine through 4WD via another source, I am wondering if a bad batch came through.. How long ago did this happen and have they taken care of it?

Quick Reply: Pro-Comp SHocks